Reseeding

gerg

Hi Vurlix

I have tried several times (just turning off UTorrent and restarting) and they they don't come back. Those still d/l do, those seeding do not.

Note this was 1.1.3 and I stored completed d/l under C:downloads and torrents under C:torrents.

What is the procedure for starting seeding with an older file not d/l'd using uTorrent?

Umm, I don't think anyone answered his question. He was wondering how to add a torrent into uTorrent for seeding, not to know why his seeds dissapear.

I would also like to know how to add a torrent to uTorrent for seeding purposes only, since there isn't any command in uTorrent saying "Add Torrent for seeding" like in Azureus.

How does one keep seeding after a download. After d/l I seed ok but then after a reboot of UT the seeding is gone.
His question arose because of the disappearing torrent tasks. He wasn't asking how to seed a torrent.

If all you want to do is seed, just open the torrent in µTorrent and point it toward the completed file. Why would a separate facility be needed just for seeding?

If all you want to do is seed, just open the torrent in µTorrent and point it toward the completed file. Why would a separate facility be needed just for seeding?

Ah Ok, I'll try that. I'm pretty new to utorrent and haven't tested it out much yet, so I decided to ask around for tips before I tried the software. I didn't know we could point it toward the completed file when opening a torrent. As in Azureus, there would be an option to open a torrent for downloading, and an option for seeding a torrent (something like that)

Thanks for the help :)

Heheh the thing is that Azureus' command to "open a torrent only" will not ask to chose a directory, whereas the command to "open a torrent and seed it" will ask to choose the directory to seed.

Hey I've tried to add a torrent to uTorrent, but it doesn't ask me to chose a directory, however it did auto-detect the completed file (which was in the download folder of uTorrent) and began seeding

Guys

Thanks for the replies.

I did retry with 1.1.4 and they did come back OK, both d/l and those seeding. Also works with the new 1.1.5.

I was interested in how to setup a seed properly.

Will try opening a torrent and pointing it at the finished file.

However when I right click on the torrent and ask it to open with UTorrent it still opens up a new session and start to download the file again. How do you point it at the downloaded file? Is there another way of opening the torrent?

ah yes it works. You need to point it at where the file is saved when it asks where to save the download. It finds the existing downloaded file and does a check which is shown in the status field.

This needs a sticky into the FAQ or similar as it not that intuitive

Much thanks for your patience.

Archived