Cannot load WebUI in IE 8

GraphiteCube

Hello. I have setup the uTorrent server on my Linux computer (running Debian stable). The only problem I am experiencing is that, I cannot access the WebUI (http://ip:port/gui) in Internet Explorer 8. I tried to add the IP into compatibility list, but it still didn't work. I can only see the loading GIF spinning.

I tried to access WebUI in Firefox 3.6.12 and it worked without problem.

Is IE 8 not supported, or I have missed something? If IE 8 is not supported, will IE 9 be supported?

Thank you very much.

I cannot access the WebUI (http://ip:port/gui) in Internet Explorer 8. I tried to add the IP into compatibility list, but it still didn't work. I can only see the loading GIF spinning.

Is IE 8 not supported, or I have missed something? If IE 8 is not supported, will IE 9 be supported?

The web UI doesn't work on IE 8 for me either. It is probably something simple.

Using the IE developer tools, I see two Javascript errors. One looks like an innocuous syntax issue that IE complains about and Firefox is OK with - I'll try modifying that code to keep both browsers happy. The other: IE is not recognizing a variable that was declared global in a script file loaded before the one for which the Javascript interpreter doesn't recognize the variable reference.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK I downloaded v.23418

It somewhat works in ie8 but some of the buttons don't appear. For example the ok/aply/cancel buttons on the preferences tab used to save the settings. If I use firefox the buttons are available.

All in all this is a great piece of software. Extremely fast and low overhead.

OK I downloaded v.23418

It somewhat works in ie8 but some of the buttons don't appear. For example the ok/aply/cancel buttons on the preferences tab used to save the settings. If I use firefox the buttons are available.

I can reproduce that (as well as the client information area in the about box not displaying any data). I've recorded both issues in our database.

Archived