what's the BIGGEST torrent u ever dld??

maku8ex

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9.2 gigs.

It took a few hours......less than 6 anyways.

Torrent science has come a long way in a short time. I remember using torrents six or seven yrs back......it was sooooo slow and sooooo full of felonious hacker holes that I gave it up....fast.

Thanks go out to Utorrent and Co. I love the ease of use and the speeeeeeeed!

I am already reccomending it to others as a better way to find files that are problematic at best any other way.......they like it too!

Respects.......Winter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

250 gigs - one torrent

I had to clear room to fit it. It was at Demonoid back in the day when I used Azureus. The torrent was the entire complete collection (all 10 seasons + specials) of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I think the torrent is still on IsoHunt.

It took me about a month to download and it was well seeded. What's sad is Demonoid servers crashed and lost the data and torrent before I could reseed to at least 1/1 ratio. My ratio never recovered :(

250 gigs though kids. Top that. What do I win?

Let me put it simple... i work at a company where we make affairs with the army (US or Canadian or Australian, ect...) and yes we use torrents as we have alot of information and designs... but what takes most place is the programs that protect that data. anyways... here we regularly download 100Gb-500Gb torrents. and so the biggest torent i (or WE since its most likely the company) have ever downloaded is our yearly report (EVERY sales and designs sold and available and alot of other info as well) wich was a 5 497 304 092 Kb file (Or a 5.5 Tb file)... but the biggest i have ever downloaded myself at home is a game pack with every game there is (from 2005) about 500 Gb.

NOTE: my newest computer is an Alienware Area 51 ALX with Nvidia SLI technology.

Firon is right.......Torrentissyty.

Alienware does provide gaming laptops that are upgradeable but have historically stopped providing any updated parts for same after typically one upgrade cycle.....occasionally 2.

Dell now owns Allienware and maybe they will provide better customer service. Even then......it is not technically efficient for them to keep offering upgraded parts for a laptop that is older than two years.......or financially productive for their new computer sales teams.

I have an AW51 lappy that featured an upgradeable ATI 9600 Pro w/128 megs module when new and only had one upgrade ever offered by AW......an ATI 9700 Pro w/128 megs.

That was it.........I would hate to think I had to go seven years on just the slight differences between a 9600 and the 9700.........omg.

I gave it to my wife to play Bejewelled and check her email with.

It cost me 3500.00 and | got exactly one year of gaming out of it.

She loves it though........that little Alien led face that lights up on the back just tickles her to death..........hehe.......lol.

Respects.....Winter

• 1 month later...

250 gigs - one torrent

I had to clear room to fit it. It was at Demonoid back in the day when I used Azureus. The torrent was the entire complete collection (all 10 seasons + specials) of Mystery Science Theater 3000. I think the torrent is still on IsoHunt.

It took me about a month to download and it was well seeded. What's sad is Demonoid servers crashed and lost the data and torrent before I could reseed to at least 1/1 ratio. My ratio never recovered

250 gigs though kids. Top that. What do I win?

i downloaded the same torrent, i think its the biggest torrent concerning a show

• 8 months later...

Archived