what's the BIGGEST torrent u ever dld??

maku8ex

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I downloaded around a 25 gig torrent once

Haha! So that's why all the americans give me sucky download-speeds. Jeez, the US OWNS the Internet and yet they won't offer their citizen some decent connection. Thank God I don't live there. :P

I'm not even going to comment on the owns part. But that's a rather gross statement in general. It depends where in the US you live. We've had internet for so many years that the main back bones in most places are still copper T1 lines, if that. The large cities are getting new fiber back-bones section by section while other sections don't even have DSL. Some of the more rural towns/states only have dial-up or satellite DSL. And other towns are kicking the ISPs out and setting up their own fiber networks to run television, phone, & internet over and the town owns it.

Because of its size, diversity, & clement America cannot be grouped as a whole. It almost always comes down to what State & City/town you live in.

I live in Sweden and I have a 100Mbit/10Mbit internet for like also only �30 per month :)

what kind of speeds do you actually see on that? Im in the us and i have 3mbit/256kb and i obviously dont see anything near what they say it is....oh and 22gb (lol many 20 gb torrents = a tb :))

The 97 GB torrent was... a complete collection of 25 DVDs. At first, the collection was divided into 3 parts. Next time it was released, it was only one, huuuge, torrent. I don't know why they made 3 parts or why they'd make a HUGE torrent. It was nice though.

EDIT: I'm beginning to feel spoiled. How can you guys stand those caps? 90 australian $? That's called a 'fraud'. In Sweden you can get 8/1 for around €30, with no caps on how much you can down/upload.

Dividing a huge torrent into many others doesn't make much sense. You can always choose to download/upload only the parts you need/want.

Not having a cap often means you're on overbooked lines, that is to say, your ISP buys only 1 time your speed for 30 users or so. If you're all taking full advantage of the advertised speed, your speed still will be limited, but only by being bottlenecked so you don't really notice it.

Probababy no more than 1.5GB. I only have a 20GB HDD :(

As for internet connection, I'm living in South-East England which is in the dark ages as far as home broadband is concerned. 1Mbit ADSL Broadband at £17.99 a month, and that's the fastest my line will physically support! 8Mbit is available with the same company for the same price, but I have to wait for our area to be *upgraded* whenever that is, to get it.

Me? 41gb. Its been 3 weeks now and probably will go another 1 or 2! Cant be bothered to sit and tweak the speed settings, so i just wait. Besides there are barely any seeders and a crap load of peers, so its slow anyway.

"love and marriage, love and marriage, go together like a horse and carriage!!"

BTW- utorrent is the best thing since the internet!!

Archived