what's the BIGGEST torrent u ever dld??

maku8ex

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there, I'm a newbie from Italy.

I have been painfully downloading with an analog 50.6 Kbps connection for ages and now have a brand new ADSL 7 Mbps/640 Kbps (nominal...) flat contract for €.21 including telephone calls. This goes for six months, after which it'll be €. 31 per month.

Pity I live in the middle of a nowhere and my aerial telephone line runs for miles from pole to pole (you can notice the difference in speed tx depending on the weather, if it's windy or if it rains, it slows down). Have quite some probs of late, but maintenance guys run as you call. Yesterday I phoned the call-center and a night-shift guy suggested that he could crank up my line speed from his terminal, which he did on the spot, and I read 2,71 Mb !

My biggest dl must be only about 5 GB, mainly films, and I keep ul speed setting on unlimited .

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone from the Newest Member: I Get Complete Series TV all the time, and they Clock in easily at 65-75GB: Best thing is to Grab them when your ISP is not Clogged up with a Lot of Users, so U get Max Dwnld Speeds, cause if not--they take like up to 3 weeks to come across!

Cheers TRX:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
What's the BIGGEST torrent you have ever downloaded?

Since I don't have any resources other than overpriced Cable (high latency and constant downtime) and Dial-Up (56k plans (7 KiB per Second Download)) and DSL (1 Mbps plan (128 KiB per Second Download))

In Texas (where December feels like July with the hot days and warm nights), the services are complete crap (mostly a small group of AT&T services and Verizon)

I have the 1 Mbps DSL plan from AT&T, and the largest file I've downloaded via Bittorrent, was 1.7GB and it was for Unreal Tournament 2004 and it took me well over 2 hours, without having a bandwidth limit, but the download was slower than it should have been (Torrents download slower for me)

Although, I'm not complaining; Unreal Tournament 2004 is classic, and has an unlimited source of mods and maps that are easy to install, but difficult to troubleshoot.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not really the "BIGGEST" Torrent that impresses me, but the Size and Speed should be some sort of record. I've downloaded, in a single torrent, 525 GB, it took me almost a week to download.

Now if someone said that they did a 1.5 TB torrent in a couple of hours, that would be impressive. But that would be some what impossible today because you can only download as fast as the seeders are seeding the torrent, especially if only one to five people are seeding the torrent.

I would like to know if there is a record for the biggest torrent and how fast they downloaded it. In plain English, what's the fastest speed (and duration) record for the common man. I know huge corporations more than likely have the speed limit on data transfers, but "the common man" is the one that really impresses me, not the rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was 8.8 GB at 150-250 kb/s from only 1 Russian seed, 3 days to complete it because at times the seed was offline but, I wish my connection was that good.. sadly my upload cap is 48 kbyte/s and I rarely see it, 38-42 is the best I've seen, so far.

Archived