µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

Every bandwidth speed test now fails:
[2011-03-08 21:21:24] Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied. (10057)

Running Win7 x64 SP1 and µTorrent 2.2.1 Release Candidate 3 (build 25057).

OK looks like new build fixed it.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.2.1 has an ISSUE: if you download a torrent with multiple files and you choose not to download any then you want to download one file and you press FILES then right click the file you wanna download you only get the option: DON`t DOWNLOAD

:/

Vril: priority submenu from that, choose a priority from the submenu.

if i put a torrent in ut 2.2.1 and SKIP ALL FILES then if i change my mind and wanna download a file and right click it i dont have the option to download i only see the option to DON`T DOWNLOAD

for a file which is marked as skipped i only have the option to don`t download instead of download

P.S. i see when choosing priority to normal it works but this is still not the best way i think

Priority should determine which file to be downloaded first not which file to download or not

I should be able to right click a file and choose DOWNLOAD or SKIP (DON`T DOWNLOAD)

:-)

@Vril: just set priority=low/high/normal and it will re-set the "skip" status.

I agree, that "priority" is not a good term to revert from 'skiped', and instruct to "activate" a file. But it was similar in 2.04. I don't know why you need a sub-menu for it. Just listing in the main drop-down menu was and will be better.

Since yesterday, utorrent has kept bugging me about there being an update (build 25110). However, every time I try to download the update, I get a message that there was a problem downloading the update from uTorrent. Please try later or visit http://www.utorrent.com. Sorry about the inconvenience.

No, it's not being blocked by my firewall. Have been using utorrent for years and years, and while I've had the occasional update failure, this is the first one that's lasted for any length of time. Just wondering if the update server is, in fact, down/bugged/whatever, or if I should start looking at issues on my end other than the firewall (again, the firewall is not blocking it).

I wouldn't even post, but I know if I disable auto update, I'll forget about it and never update utorrent again ;p so am hoping for some clarity here. Thanks. :)

Since yesterday, utorrent has kept bugging me about there being an update (build 25110). However, every time I try to download the update, I get a message that there was a problem downloading the update from uTorrent. Please try later or visit http://www.utorrent.com. Sorry about the inconvenience.

No, it's not being blocked by my firewall. Have been using utorrent for years and years, and while I've had the occasional update failure, this is the first one that's lasted for any length of time. Just wondering if the update server is, in fact, down/bugged/whatever, or if I should start looking at issues on my end other than the firewall (again, the firewall is not blocking it).

I wouldn't even post, but I know if I disable auto update, I'll forget about it and never update utorrent again ;p so am hoping for some clarity here. Thanks. :)

Should work now. Sorry!

The devs forgot the overwrite->yes/no/cancel dialog there. They also do not handle well multi-files torrents relocation from Advanced->set-DL-location. The feature should ask to confirm re-write for *each* of the files, so you can choose which to move. No it asks you only for the first file. Using yes/no/yes-to-all/no-to-all dialog-buttons can solve that.

wow, terrible release. first some of the torrents from different sources I downloaded gave back a file not found error and had to update tracker manually to resume, second when finished the .!ut wouldn't go away until i shut down utorrent completly and did a force recheck, and third what is with the cpu spike and program freeze when I delete the torrent and data from within utorrent.

reverting back to 2.2 for now :(

Rubberkitty, clear your settings and i think it'll work better. old settings and files sometimes get things messed up with the new versions.

do deleting settings.vcd sufficient ?

i haven't done many test, but for the torrent i download at the moment, i feel the download speed slower than usual (i am using 2.0 before updating to 2.2.1)

i am hoping i can retain my old torrent (hopefully i don't have each own of them) and also my statistic if possible

Rubberkitty' date=' clear your settings and i think it'll work better. old settings and files sometimes get things messed up with the new versions.[/quote']

do deleting settings.vcd sufficient ?

i haven't done many test, but for the torrent i download at the moment, i feel the download speed slower than usual (i am using 2.0 before updating to 2.2.1)

i am hoping i can retain my old torrent (hopefully i don't have each own of them) and also my statistic if possible

Clear settings ? Is there any button for that ? ... :P Bad idea :( And if you have 100 torrents, you'll have hours of restoration & 'rechecking' work ... If you do that, at least do a backup first (*.dat, *.dat.old).

Edit/Also:

Shouldn't F12 "compact/tall" categories list extend the cat. pane to the bottom, like in 2.04 so it will be meaningful ?

Clear settings ? Is there any button for that ? ... :P Bad idea :( And if you have 100 torrents, you'll have hours of restoration & 'rechecking' work ... If you do that, at least do a backup first (*.dat, *.dat.old).

True, I should have been more explicit about procedure. Always backup settings and torrents first. Then delete the settings.dat file. If you have many torrents, you can always readd them back in 1 go using the Add Torrents From Directory function.

thanks for the help and info guys

yes i have quite lots torrents even though only few torrent active

the reason i keep all those torrent is for when someone request reseed, which sometimes its just easier when it listed in your utorrent, although downloading the torrent again wont take much time either

There's no reason that the size of the control should be tied to the size of the contents in the control. Users may well want a tall category list with compact contents.

1. I see just a minor diff in size today (1-2mm when the separators are removed). It is simply not effective

2. it used to be like that in 2.04 . The reason was to change the panes layout, so to have significantly more/less space for either the cat list content, or the details tabs.

You only see a minor difference probably because you have the Find and Apps panes disabled. Or perhaps your category list is long and needs lots of scrolling already, so it's harder to notice. (And I'd say it's certainly more than just 1-2mm of difference, but that's just nitty gritty details).

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you're comparing "compact" with 2.0.4. The option relevant to the category list height in 2.0.4 still exists in 2.2.x. I can't tell if you're confusing F11 with F12 here, as merging F11 with gui.tall_category_list might make more sense than merging F12 with it.

Unfortunately version 2.2.x introduced again "Disk overloaded 100%" which is ridiculous since my new hard disk supports SATA 3 (6 Gb/sec hyper transfer) and in practice I have achieved about 200 MB/sec. Back to 2.0.4 and everything is OK. Tested with three blu-rays simultaneously (~45 GB) and runs smoothly. No options changed.

Rubberkitty, clear your settings and i think it'll work better. old settings and files sometimes get things messed up with the new versions.

Who would have thought that updating would have caused so many problems?

Thanks osmosis.

I guess I should uninstall, reboot, install update from scratch from now on.

I still get get the cpu spike and program freeze when removing (large sized files ~2GB<) torrent and data though.

Manually deleting these files does not do this.

Archived