µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you're comparing "compact" with 2.0.4....

OK, I see I confused F12 with the gui.tall_cat_list. I was expecting F12 to just replace it's functionality. It should, maybe as a triple state switch. Regardless - when I use F12 it only removes the separators and this just shortens it by negligible 1-2 mm .

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got me.. 11-12 mm then ... :) "triple-state" == toggle== 1-compact-2-short-3-non-compact-4-long etc... What's wrong is the way they do it. For the more used feature - they give a "hidden" advanced option, and for the less used - a proper F key. I am for equal rights... (for those features... ) :) That was just a suggestion. Another F key would be good too, like they give to the find pane.

edit:

And there is always the option to make it possible to change font size to squeeze thinks inside panes...

Any word on the memory leak issue? I reverted to 2.0.4 for a while and that seemed to fix the memory leak issue but caused other problems. I left 2.2.1 running all day while I was at work and when I came home the process was running at over 1,000,000K.

Are there suggested disk cache settings that can help with this? Right now I've got all caching turned off.

Thanks!

I want to comment a little "bug" that I have found since the latest betas. Before, in version 2.2 and earlier, you could filter what torrents, for example: selecting label "Downloading" and another label, uTorrent showed the torrents of this labe that was downloading, but now shows all torrents of that label, those I'm downloading and which are completed, all. :(

I would like to fix it in future versions. :)

In Utorrent 2.2.1, including the latest and greatest version, I've observed these bugs:

1) When downloading multifile torrents and using .!ut extension, approximately every 8th file will not get propely renamed when it is complete. There will be another file with the proper name, but not containing the downloaded data.

2) Sporadically, uTorrent will show a torrent as stopped with status "System cannot find specified file." while the log will show "Error opening so-and-so." I assume the need to open the files comes from the flushing of files. Starting the torrent again works.

3) With windows file-caching turned off, files still do get cached by windows. This is very different from 2.0.4 where they don't. This may be related to 2), the flushing code does not seem to be stable.

1) is guaranteed to happen with a 30+ file torrent.

2) happens every 2 two to 3 days.

Yes, I am absolutely certain the hardware is working correctly.

::Trym

v2.2.1.25113 :when starting uTorrent from an administrative command prompt, the interface loads ok but when starting it directly from the normal user account, without ANY administrative rights, it doesn't start at all.

it pegs one of the cpu cores at 100% and it freezes there without showing any interface elements and i have to kill it via the task manager.

When i revert to v2.2.0.24683 uTorrent works normally under the user account.

hw: intel E5200, 3gb ddr2 ram in dual channel, 2 x wd caviar black 640gb, raid 0.

Software restriction policies are enabled for all files, including DLLs that are run by a non-admin user (admin is not restricted) and set to deny execution of anything that is not under c:\program files, c:\windows and c:\users (this last one is to cover for temporary files, files on desktop and so on)

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=572666

PS.. oh, and wasn't the dll hijacking security bug supposed to be already resolved?

why is utorrent looking in the current directory for standard system dll files before trying the system folders?:

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\MSIMG32.dll

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\SspiCli.dll

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\USERENV.dll

C:\Program Files\uTorrent\WINSPOOL.DRV

and so on..a lot of these

P.S. i decided to let it run a bit at 100% cpu, and it finally showed the user interface.

AFTER 3 MINUTES !

Found a bug. Torrents that were deleted from a tracker still maintain a green status icon indefinitely although under the tracker tab the status is: "Failure: Torrent not registered with this tracker". No matter how many times I manually update or it tries to update automatically it stays green. Only by stopping and restarting the torrent, the icon will turn red as it should have done in the instant the first "Failure: Torrent not registered" was received.

I got utorrent 2.2.1 but the speed control dose not work, i set upload bandwidth to 10 but it still goes at 75

when it dose that it halves my download rate.

also i tried to limit some torrents max upload to 10 because they are small files and larger ones at a higher speed but it makes NO difference.

I have had this problem with win vista 32 bit and recently upgraded to XP Pro SP3 but the problem is still there??

I started to look for a post wwith the same problem but never got to page 19 on this forum before writing this so I appologize if I missed it

Here is a pic of what i am trying to explain

UT2.2.1-speed.bmp

Found a bug. Torrents that were deleted from a tracker still maintain a green status icon indefinitely although under the tracker tab the status is: "Failure: Torrent not registered with this tracker". No matter how many times I manually update or it tries to update automatically it stays green. Only by stopping and restarting the torrent, the icon will turn red as it should have done in the instant the first "Failure: Torrent not registered" was received.

If the torrent still has peers connected to it, this isn't a bug.

2) Sporadically, uTorrent will show a torrent as stopped with status "System cannot find specified file." while the log will show "Error opening so-and-so." I assume the need to open the files comes from the flushing of files. Starting the torrent again works.

I second that, everything is ok for 2.2 and early 2.2.1 beta

Archived