µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lord Leks Darkmind: Can you post a screanshot of the case/example when it is not working ?

Firon Wrote:

-- 2011-04-13: Version 2.2.1 (build 25203)

- Pioneer One episode 3 promo

I like it! Great show :)

@ Firon

While i have no idea what promo is and why it is there. Unless is some tutorial for new features then i don't see the point.

What also you know is most people who use utorrent ever visit them forum, and why should they.

v3 has so much i would never use and well was one reason i stopped using other p2p clients many years ago such as shareaza and yes even the nice abc. So you have bloated v3 and will be lot of work to maintain. I guess many also just need a client that does as it always used to do without any frills. Suremaybe could switch of those i doubt totaly and use as did previous utorrent versions.

So you have said this version here v2.2.1 is no more. Then it would be fitting to fix any outstanding known bugs and check back to see if fixes are ok with the users.

I would then be happy to use v2.2.1 with a original skin i downloaded months ago from this site. And use it like that. Until then i use v2.0.4 as i have been doing for a long time. Why well because it works, and to move to better version needs to have no bugs and be stable as indicated it is on the home site.

Please consider this and make final changes so people can choose if they dislike v3 can use v2.2.1. I'm sure you would rather them use utorrent than any other, i know i would.

>What is being promoted

Does it really matter ?... (see previous promos names...)

> and why we need this in our auto-update download?

We don't. THEY do... to make money out of a free program ... As far as I know it is not causing an autoupdate from build 25130 on

We don't. THEY do... to make money out of a free program ... As far as I know it is not causing an autoupdate from build 25130 on

You're right. Now I can see it's not auto-updating, my bad.

They can ask for donation instead of promoting some useless things. It's way better and fair imo.

We were "promised" re-design of uTorrent so that install-related promos will not effect build # . About time! ... :(

And we got it.. but it's in 3.0 :/:

-- 2011-02-23: Version 3.0 (build 24823)

- Feature: make the content offer in the installer dynamic (no more re-builds for updating content offer)

I said promised... Very funny... you use promos in 2.x stable and have it in 3.0 alpha. I wonder if it is so hard to back-port it or they are just lazy ... ;)

I can already see Firon coming with "no more updates to 2.x ..." ;P

Well after V2.2 started overwritting my downloaded files with empty garbage files when using the relocate command, I was forced to upgrade to V2.2.1..

But now V2.2.1 has problems with the Right click advanced set download location not getting STUCK to where I pointed it to.

Now I dont blame the developers for the problems with these things since this is a very very complicated issue with many entry and exit points to do things and can get very complex with either the entire directory or some files in different areas and such. I blame the lazy people who cant just move the directory or files themselves and want to click something to do it while they browse other more important things. How can you program something to do things like this without a built in AI that can anticipate what the user wants?

UT is now becomming totally useless for advanced users with functions not behaving like it should. Ofcourse people only downloading some stuff wont use any of these functions and wont affect them. But anyoen who moves stuff around and deal with multiple trackers and such will find that things dont work as expected. At least I hope UT wont delete the good files and replace them with garbage now even if the other stuff dont work right.

I woudnt waste time trying to fix the issue. This will take a lot more time than you think having delt with user interfaces before and I spent most of my time trying to get that to work rather than the rest of the program. If you are going to fix it then you need to completely fix it from scratch other wise some other problems will crop up.

Hi,

I'm using windows 7 home premium, Also still using utorrent 1.8.5, because i love it and it gives the max speed according to my country and the BB connection i have. I tried the newer versions but it doesn't met that speed.

My prob is my pc got stuck and I got bluescreen every time i using utorrent. I've tried several uninstall and reinstalls, but same results remain. :(

Hope you can help me.

I received this error when trying to run the setup guide. I'm sure I'm running something I need to turn off (on?). Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Connection failed error: A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied. (10057)

Archived