µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

Anyone experiencing memory overload with utorrent 2.2.

My gui face freezes when I try to view?

Should I revert to an older version that is more stable?

Sorry, I am new to this and just a user not a programmer.

I just want a program to work properly but I dont think uTorrent 2.2 does?

Can any one help me do the settings and make it work well?

Cheers:D

why isn't the "Always show in tray icon " bug still not fixed..

utorrent sometimes doesnt show up in the tray.

I have to disable "Always show in tray icon "--> and then enable it to show it in the tray..

even saw the problem at my friends place with the same OS.

why isn't the "Always show in tray icon " bug still not fixed..

utorrent sometimes doesnt show up in the tray.

I have to disable "Always show in tray icon "--> and then enable it to show it in the tray..

even saw the problem at my friends place with the same OS.

I have the same thing on Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I found a very serious bug:

I tried to remove some torrents using the 'Remove And... Delete Data'.

After that my machine became unresponsive. After finally getting ProcessExplorer to start I see it's uTorrent. I checked ProcessMonitor to see what was happening and I saw that uTorrent was deleting all the files (well over 25000) 1 by 1 :o:o:o.

In the end I had to do a hard 'Kill process' to get control back.

Please fix this!

I found a very serious bug:

I tried to remove some torrents using the 'Remove And... Delete Data'.

After that my machine became unresponsive. After finally getting ProcessExplorer to start I see it's uTorrent. I checked ProcessMonitor to see what was happening and I saw that uTorrent was deleting all the files (well over 25000) 1 by 1 :o:o:o.

In the end I had to do a hard 'Kill process' to get control back.

Please fix this!

This is not a bug in µTorrent , and it's not even behavior that's unique to µTorrent: the same thing sometimes happens in other programs when deleting an extremely large number of files.

In the future, instead of killing the process, be patient and let the computer finish doing what you told it to do. Or just don't try deleting so many files all at once.

Keep in mind that when you delete a file from your hard drive, Windows has to update data structures on the drive to mark the file as deleted and to mark the space occupied by the file as available for use by other files. This has to be done one file at a time, which will take a while if an extremely large number of files is involved.

As far as the computer becoming unresponsive while all this is going on, yell at Microsoft, not the folks who develop µTorrent .

There is a known problem concerning abnormally high CPU usage while uTorrent is deleting a large number of files, which it also does rather slowly. Precisely what happens to the performance of a system during that time isn't the point, but the problem is there and it's easily reproducable.

I guess I misunderstood just how severe a problem iycgtptyarvg was encountering.

I know from experience that other programs, including Windows Explorer, sometimes will hang for a while when deleting large numbers of files, and that's what I thought this was about.

Sorry about that.

I guess I misunderstood just how severe a problem iycgtptyarvg was encountering.

I know from experience that other programs, including Windows Explorer, sometimes will hang for a while when deleting large numbers of files, and that's what I thought this was about.

Sorry about that.

:) and I'm sorry for overreacting. I was just frustrated by uTorrent. ;)

Yes, I've also asked about a fix for that icon. When I develop applications which have tray icons, I make sure I recreate them 1 minute after my app has started. This, because sometimes other apps block the adding of tray icons during startup.

It is so simple to fix (a couple of lines of code), but the uTorrent developers don't seem to understand just how much frustration this simple bug causes us.

iycgtptyarvg, Zarggg, tanstaafl, mkk:

I can confirm that uT was doing something, shall we say ... inefficient when deleting files.

This has been addressed in builds after r24182, *in the 3.0 branch only*

The disk code has been improved greatly between the 2.2 and 3.0 series, and backporting this feature won't be trivial.

Adam

[Edited to say "in builds after"]

Archived