Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 2.2.1 released

It's just me or build 24512 introduce new bug with wrong paths at the end of downloading when file is about to be seeded.

Rechecking file fixes this, so file is fully downloaded at last.

It's just me or build 24512 introduce new bug with wrong paths at the end of downloading when file is about to be seeded.

Yes, I can confirm this... happened to me, too. :(

Rechecking file fixes this, so file is fully downloaded at last.

Same type of issue with this build.

Installed over previous working beta.

Settings are to move completed files from default directory to another directory.

Logger shows files are supposedly being moved, but physically don't move from original directory.

Files need to be manually moved to correct directory to continue seeding.

Win7 x64

utorrent icon not in system tray. this problem still exists.

Same here (2.2.1.24266).

With the latest final build I even had to delete the µTorrent settings each time the trayicon disappeared to get µTorrent (re)started again (to see in the tray)!

With the new beta build it seems that you can restart µTorrent with an active trayicon at least.

Same in 2.2.1.24512. Not fixed.

Wow… 24512 introduced more bugs than it fixed.

Not only the tray icon bug did not get fixed but now also the tooltip is broken. Then we have the thing with the wrong paths.

I hope they're planning on releasing a new build soon. Though, on second thought, I'd rather they do some basic testing first instead of releasing the first thing that comes out of the oven.

Seriously, some of the bugs on this new build are incredibly easy to spot. So easy, in fact, that one wonders how could they possibly not see them before releasing the build.

Wow… 24512 introduced more bugs than it fixed.

I guess the devs screwed up... lack of internal unit regression testing is the cause... :P

I suggest a new vesriojn # - 2.3, that reflects new functionality (& bugs... ;) )

uTorrent 2.2.1 build 24512 Win7 x64

File extantion !ut does not change after file has downloaded.

Same problem, arrrrgghh! Files will not be completed correctly, and shows from time to time error and the download stops... :(

full

Sorry, didn't read all the 10 pages of the topic... So probably it's a known bug.

I installed this version to fix the proxy issue. Result: 3 of my torrents got corrupted. Force check file didn't solved the problem. I got to restart this torrent that has been downloaded for 3 weeks :mad:

Sorry, didn't read all the 10 pages of the topic... So probably it's a known bug.I installed this version to fix the proxy issue. Result: 3 of my torrents got corrupted. Force check file didn't solved the problem. I got to restart this torrent that has been downloaded for 3 weeks

Read the past, most users have the same problem. The problem will disappear immediately when you return to the previous Beta. That's what I did and everything returned to action. :)

do you have a router or something like that?

Yes... ADSL router D-Link DSL 2500U

I've installed old build (24266), and uTP is working good on it.

build 24266 is working fantastic :)

I found another problem in version 24512, Advanсed -> Set Download Loсation = not working correctly. And yet...DHT is a very long time is updated in the build of 24266 was all good.

@µT devs:

Add more place to translate the string Use Boss-Key password in Preferences > General (build 24266), thanks.

ly6dj1i6vp9rkrfm3b-tradfr.png

In 24512, even when utorrent is downloading in the background, when you point to the utorrent icon in the system tray, it doesn't show any status. It shows 0.0 on all entries. Icon is not working. I switched back to 24266, no problem. All working fine.

Incidentally, I switched from using 3.0 beta 24520 to 2.2.1 beta 24266 just to see how this 2.2.1 beta functions.

Is pref->UI->always show icon checked ?Is bandwidth management enabled (for uTP) ? ...

Is it better to have bandwith management enabled or disabled ? I have mine disabled.

uTP should generally be turned on.

We'll have a new 2.2.1 out today or tomorrow to fix the various problems.

uTP should generally be turned on.

We'll have a new 2.2.1 out today or tomorrow to fix the various problems.

Today, thanks, I hope. :cool: (At least in my time, today, now at 02:49) ;)

New beta up. Fixes uTP and all the file moving operations, including uTP. Should also fix the tray tooltip and balloon notifications.