µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just changing the settings will do it for various reasons. It's a windows 7 x64 specific problem. SP1 will fix the underlying bug that causes this (it's a Windows bug). I was able to work around it by turning UPnP off.

Is it another Win bug or the same implied into broken IPv6 support? :o

Ah... probably a newly introduced bug in SP1... I suggest you report it in the M$ Win7-SP1 forum... :P

build 24649 works fine in my sp1, 24763 - crashed

btw, I didn't see that SP1 was officially out yet, wgat build #/Beta are you using ? ...

W7 Home Premium ver. 6.1 (build 7601: Service Pack 1)

officially msdn, retail

so, if you've paid for a retail RC, maybe you should ask for your money back... ;)

edit:

FYI: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproSP/thread/4f6b0313-5d56-459d-b3a0-7911e30a8455

plus... any release that was handed to Firon on Friday night and tested/posted by him Saturday - is just for us, beta testers, to test. So stop complaining ... :P

After updating to build 24649 (I haven't tried the build that came out on 2-18-2011 yet) I started receiving these entries in my log. I had never once seen them in any previous build, so I don't know if these are legitimate log entries or if they're false positives (a bug). Let me know what to do (if anything). Thanks in advance.

Click here to see the screenshot of my log window

This function does NOT work correctly! It just dumps all the files in the root directory which you point to. This is just crazy.

Example:

Source:

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Avatar\Avatar.001

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Avatar\Avatar.002

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Avatar\Avatar.050

Destination:

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done

Result (WRONG!):

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar.001

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar.002

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar.050

Result (CORRECT):

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar\Avatar.001

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar\Avatar.002

D:\Torrents\Downloads\Done\Avatar\Avatar.050

What we need:

1. Select n torrents

2. Right click menu -> Set download location

3. Specify a directory

4. uTorrent moves ALL the torrents (and their files) to their RESPECTIVE sub-dirs (NOT dumping all in a single dir!)

As I've said before' date=' all we need is [b']EXACTLY what happens when the files are moved after a torrent has finished downloading.

You already have the code... we just need it as an option after downloads have finished.

I just tested this in 2.2.1, and it definitely works for me. The behavior when you select multiple torrents is that we ask once for each torrent.

Ok, I can confirm that with build 24649 it is indeed fixed! Hooray!!! You have no idea how much time you have saved me every day!

I had installed Vuze, but will go back to µTorrent again. :D

Here's a new beta of µTorrent, with a few fixes over 2.0, including Wine support again.

Download now!

-- 2011-02-18: Version 2.2.1 beta (build 24763)

- Change: CPU usage optimization for the GUI thread

- Fix: create more space for strings in UI for translations

-- 2011-02-11: Version 2.2.1 beta (build 24649)

I just downloaded utorrent-2.2.1-beta-beta-24763.upx.exe and it is identifying as build 24649

Which build is it?

and is it really a betta beta? :D

uTorrent 2.2.1

Can somebody explane me why uTorrent creates too many connection though there is no active download?

Such huge numbers of INBOUND connections decrease speed of downloads. Speed often changes from 7 Mbytes/sec to 1.6-2 Mbytes/sec. It drives me crazy ;)

P.S. uTorrent settings:

Max. numbers of connections - 150

bt.transp_disposition - 21

net.max_halfopen - 10

net.utp_dynamic_packet_size - True

net.utp_initial_packet_size - 4

63571659.th.jpg

Sergey: it's not actually your uTorrent generating the connections. It's just the program on the listen port to accept them. The connections are coming from other machines due to you having been on torrents somewhat recently.

Can I limit numbers of accepted inbound connections in some uTorrent`s settings. If I correctly have understood you the Max. numbers of connections sets only numbers of outgoing connections?

Archived