µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

now that I have a decent network connection (5mbits/s download speed advertised, which is giving me a max of 594kb/s including overhead) I'm able to asses that uTorrent is working great.

it manages the overhead and the limits I set well.

overhead, upload and download graphs look consistent.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a wee oddity that I've been wondering about for some time. When deleting a torrent job that consists of a large number of files, the CPU usage of uTorrent.exe spikes and the program interface becomes unresponsive for a while. I noticed just now that uTorrent reads at least part every file after it has been placed into "recycle bin" and I suppose that behavior might likely have something to do with the issue. Some safety checksum after moving perhaps? I don't suppose that's at all necessary especially when deleting files. I've been wondering about this for some time and made several searches into the forum but found nothing substantial. Now that I think I've might have found something I thought I'd chime in.

Otherwise it's all smooth sailing here.

Just a silly question if this version already solved the 2.2 startup torrents checking or is it already disabled by default?

You mean the thing where something on your computer interferes with uTorrent writing the resume state properly?

Writing resume state? Is it what uTorrent doing for the 2.2?

I'm referring to the torrent checks, like data availability checks on every single torrents during startup, I have 1k+ completed torrents that some already moved somewhere else. I just have this habit to keep those torrents around.

Well, I would like this feature to be disabled (or by default) before I upgrade otherwise it would make the startup way long (like forever), even though I rarely shut it down, quite troublesome with it around when you want to restart the PC for any reason.

Thank you for anyone whom can clarify this.

Archived