µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why in 2.2.1 DHT can't log in until I add a regular tracker to the torrent and update with it at least once?

speedtest.net
I don't know if it's specific to my ISP, but over many years, I haven't seen one accurate measurement with speedtest.net - it's always shown the connection speed to be 10-20% faster than in reality or even what my ISP actually provides. Even with no firewall, antivirus or router between me and their VPN Ethernet, and on different PCs.

So, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it, to be honest.

>I don't know if it's specific to my ISP

I'm not saying they are an idea solution, but they are easy to use, and I myself didn't have any issues over the years. Plus, unfortunately, unlike yourself, I never saw a speed faster than my ISP gives me. Maybe yours - gives you more... :)

uTorrent wants to integrate/automate the test results into the settings. This simple does not work with the currently used servers, so some reliable alternative has to be found . Until then - as Firon said - manual speed test is the solution, and speedtest.net (and many others like it) can provide a reasonable solution.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if it's specific to my ISP, but over many years, I haven't seen one accurate measurement with speedtest.net - it's always shown the connection speed to be 10-20% faster than in reality or even what my ISP actually provides. Even with no firewall, antivirus or router between me and their VPN Ethernet, and on different PCs.

So, I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it, to be honest.

did you do test on your city / country ?

speedtest can choose to where we going to speed-test right?

mostly if you test to your country it will give either same with your bandwith plan or abit faster (several isp do this because at plan rate it wont achieve the plan speed, so icreasing a bit will give max-rate as the your plan)

imho always try test to neighbor country, if you have good international connection, you won't have problem with your internet/utorrent

• 3 weeks later...

tried to download 41gb torrent, at 7.90GB it stops and says "not enough memory is available to complete this request" even though i got at least 100gb every partition (probably runs out of virtual memory)

i got win7 x64 and utorrent version 2.2.1 (25130)

could you fix this in the next version?

p.s. works fine in compatibility mode with win xp sp3

Archived