µTorrent 2.2.1 released

Firon

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used this latest version from clean install, then I moved all the settings and stuff to the folder where the utorrent.exe reside.

Now and then, its randomly used up 50% of my CPU (Intel N230), CPU0 is having 100% usage, and then the utorrent is not responsive anymore, I have to end task it, restart the utorrent again. It'll starts the data checking on active torrents (as usual if there's utorrent crash) and then went fine for few more hours then if I'm lucky it'll stay for 1~2 days, if not it repeats again, download will halt while using 50% of the CPU.

I'm not too sure what has happen to it, it can't be my settings since I start it new just to ensure it's not caused by my previous settings.

But in any case if the developer would like to have a look at my settings to determine the problem I would gladly upload it for you.

I'm using Windows XP SP3, Antivirus is Kaspersky Internet Security 11.0.1.400.

I have already set my antivirus to exclude every single thing on utorrent.exe, means no application monitoring, no network scanning.

I also tried the final version 2.2.0.23774, this is even worst that it just used up 50% CPU while checking on the data and then not responsive anymore, so I switch it back to 2.2.1 beta to test again if anything should happen to it.

I only download 2 torrents at one time, nothing more, connections max global 200 and 50 per torrent only.

Uninstall kaspersky, umm... I haven tried that, currently disable the protection until reboot for another test drive.

Only loaded 16 torrents, completed 10.

Edit:

Uninstalled Kaspersky, it does improve my download speed (by a few KB/s).

Added 2 more torrents, running only 1 torrent at a time, still has this problem.

And now the problem getting much frequent, only 1~2 hours then used up 50% then halt.

Do you need my settings.dat?

Oh, forgot, I using VPN for my uTorrent. I connect through the VPN using Socks5 for p2p connections.

Can I switch back to 2.0.4 using my 2.2.1 settings?

I'm using BolehVPN, because of the ISP BT protocol throttling, I have to use that to get higher speed, otherwise I'll be at like only 10KB/s or lower, which is a pain.

http://www.bolehvpn.net, btw I'm in Malaysia.

Edit:

Is proxy affecting the uTorrent? I have no problem on 2.0.4 though.

Ah, I have these ticked, let me see....

Proxy privacy:

Disable features that leak identifying information.

Disable connections unsupported by the proxy.

Please do remind me anything else if I have missed... there's so much settings than previous version... slightly confused sometimes LOL.

Oh, there's an update.. ok.. gonna try this out!!

Edit: Ouch... 50% CPU, uTorrent hang yet again with this latest 2.2.1.23984.

Ok, I untick both the Proxy privacy settings that I ticked earlier... try again... *sigh* hopefully it stays this time.

Just want to know if downloading huge torrents has anything to do with the problem, it's not crash, but it just used up 50% CPU then hang, that's why I couldn't get any crash log. :(

Just downloading a 14GB torrent, well, stop this one and test the 1GB+ and a 800MB one... will report later.

Edit: Er... again... (after 6 hours) I seriously don't know what the heck is happening to my PC or this latest version of uT just hated me :( switch back to 2.0.4.

Anyway I think it happens when I start the huge torrents which is around 14GB+

I'm on utorrent beta 23908, for a few days its been crashing on its own... for no apparent reason after a few hours - and I've only been running it for seeding.

Also update function is not working: unable to contact utorrent update server

Will manually downloading the new one & running it still have my files & current settings?

**Update**

Well I manually downloaded and installed it no problems.... I'll let it runs for a few hours.. I'll report back if its keeps crashing on its own.

I'm using a removable USB HD, and all downloads are directed to it. Once I remove it , uT marks all torrents as faultily. Re-inserting it requires a long and tedious process of re-check :(

This does not happen in 2.04.

Please revert back to 2.04 logic to make our lives bearable again ... :P

Back to 2.04 for now...

You can still relocate individual files. Still, we're not changing relocate, though we might add a separate function to rename the child folder instead.

No we can't, not in the same sense the we used to.

We're not asking you to change relocate we're asking you to return the original and give a new name to this new feature that moves files.

With the old feature it was very simple to cross-seed multi-file torrents that had minor differences in one or two files by:

a) pointing to a pre-existing file with the correct data.

B) pointing to a non-existing file of a different name and downloading the different data without corrupting the original file.

This new and "improved" version of relocate will now:

a) ignore you if the file already exists, or freeze.

B) move the original file to the new location/name forcing the user to manually copy it back.

Theres has been allot of requests for the ability to move files (especially without stopping the torrent, vuze style).

I'm here to beg you, just because people associate this with the existing 'relocate' feature and ask for a change doesn't mean you can't keep the old feature while adding another 'move' item to the menu.

Please Please Please give us back this feature we use daily and allow us to keep up with utorrent instead of staying with 2.0.4 .

I'm using a removable USB HD, and all downloads are directed to it. Once I remove it , uT marks all torrents as faultily. Re-inserting it requires a long and tedious process of re-check :(

This does not happen in 2.04.

Please revert back to 2.04 logic to make our lives bearable again ... :P

Back to 2.04 for now...

Really? I pull my external all the time and all I have to do is just hit start to start the torrents again. It doesn't re-check ever. Are they in-progress downloads or something?

Really?

Have a look for yourself. they are all 100% done, yet - unlike 2.04 , uT 2.2.1 marks them with red "x". I'm not going to "start" them once a day just for the sake of 2.2.1 uT client.

Luckily, 2.04 "knows" to ignore the missing drive and keep the green -"v" status icon. Once you try to start any of then, ONLY THEN 2.04 check the state and revert to "x" status (if the drive is still missing. How difficult can this be for the BT devs to do the same here as well ?

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9703/11880555.png

I suggest you copy 2.04 behavior to 2.2.1 .

This survey thing has been reported for a long time now. I see it is a long and lasting bug (that we usually call a *feature*). I guess that simplly deleting useless lines of code related to tool-bars and surveys is not the devs 'cup of tea' ... :P

Archived