Port Fowarding and TCPIP.sys

godo52

Everything works pretty well with 1.5 for me but I am having to change the Port Forwarding number quite often on my router... When I do this I have to go into the TCPIP.sys and re-set it even to the same value....

I do like to run a large number of downloads.. would that cause the problem?

I also do'nt really understand why I have to keep changing Port Forward numbers....My internet providor assures me they are not interfering...maybe I have missed something on the forum?

godo52

TCPIP.SYS should have nothing to do with your problem. As for the port thing... the only thing I can think of is the possibility that your ISP is lying to you. Other people have reported that their ISPs claim one thing and later cave, fixing the problem. Mind telling us what your ISP is?

TCPIP.SYS should have nothing to do with your problem. As for the port thing... the only thing I can think of is the possibility that your ISP is lying to you. Other people have reported that their ISPs claim one thing and later cave, fixing the problem. Mind telling us what your ISP is?

I live in the UK and am using SPITFIRE...they mainly do networking for large media companies and do a little private stuff...I have no reason to believe they are limiting me....Their overall service is very good compared to the ones I tried before and hve very low contention ratios on the line.

Jult: Thanks for the reply....

I have been port forwarding but will try 32459...Any reason for that one?

Please don't double post or quote the post before yours.

Archived