Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilak

Speedtest failed :Connection failed error timed out (10060)

Recommended Posts

Okay all you eggheads, please help me figure out what I did wrong. I have used UTorrent for quite a while and got a new laptop. Suddenly I get all these error messages about the download location is no longer available. (?) So I checked the network and all the folders and files are where they should be. I had to recheck and then force start several times, but now they are downloading with the red arrow.

The network connection icon showed the exclamation mark so I tried every location in the list and utorrent would not connect. I have checked the WIN7 firewall and my A-Squared security suite and Utorrent IS allowed in both.

What the hell. It is sunday a.m. and now I have a splitting headache!!:mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're torrenting to a networked drive one little dropout will screw everything. Red arrow = check tracker tab. Delete all rules in A-Squared, update it, create new rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have all my torrents and files on a networked drive: but they have been all along. I have way too many files to fit on my laptop:D

However, If I go into A-squared and delete the rule (i am assuming this rule is tell A-Squared to let utorrent connect to the web) is there something different in the way I should set it up or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also are you saying if I try one of the torrents on the internal drive, it might work? I will try that to see what happens......I have a feeling though that it's something else and for the life of me I am getting a migraine trying to figure it out!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your listening port allowed inbount, webui port if you use it allowed inbound, all ports out. Doesn't necessarily have to be different, just correct. Firewalls act in strange ways.

Internal speedtest failing is nothing new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The speed test failing I have seen before on and off and I don't really think it involves this problem actually. For some reason I cannot connect to any trackers and that is what is making me insane!

I have tried closing and reopening the program and rebooting etc. Any other ideas would be wonderful!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aha! I went back to WIN7 Firewall and dinked around with the settings and I must have hit on something as UTorrent now at least shows some ETA's and some of the arrows are now blue rather than red......hmmm....still not connecting to all trackers but that I suppose is normal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites