I'm not keen on the new icons (1.5-437 vs 1.4 stable)

cjard

Just a point of HCI note guys: You should never use colour alone to convey information, especially in IT. If your target audience is largely male, then you run into the issue that somewhere in the region of 10% of males suffer some form of colour vision deficiency.

The new icons for the Seed/Finished/Downlaoding/Queued/Queued Seed etc look very nice and modern, but broadly speaking, they are all the same shape and use colour to differentiate between the meaning; this is very poor HCI.

Can someone tell me how to install the old icon set? The shapes were much different and really helped determine the state of a torrent.

I personally like Osmosis & Hilloki's Tango:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=4623&p=2

It has clearly defined shapes instead of circular blobs with a tiny shape inside.

edit: Determination: I do like your icons for being more colorful & uniform than the previous ones. However, I stopped using them after coming to a similar conclusion Cjard did re: HCI. (the arrow shapes inside the status icons are just too small and hard to distinguish when trapped inside the circles)

Archived