Does uTorrent cause system noise?

snusnu

Okay... I just wanted to ask here because I just started using uTorrent and I've been getting weird background noise on my computer from my speakers everytime I minimize/maximize something. I assume its coming from uTorrent, as when I turn my computer on, when I do stuff, no noise. Then I decide to seed some stuff, and like 15 minutes later I get this noise whenever I'm minimizing/restoring any window...

This is a common problem with cheap speaker and soundcard combos, I got this problem with all programs until I updated my speakers and got a descent soundcard. Onboard soundcards and yum cha speakers are a big contributor to this, but I assure you, its not uTorrent

my Problem is...

when I used utorrent and my Winamp plays musik... after a few Hours the musik begins to scratch a little bit...

when I turn off utorent the sound begins to scracht for a few seconds heavily... and after that.... the sound works completly normal....

the same is with viedos oder flash files...

I've the Soundblaster Extigy.... and a Inspire 5.1 system....

any idea?

^^

As dewy said it is probably because you've got a low-quality soundcard (eg. onboard). It is probably the hard disk writing (uTorrent writes everything away when it exits so then HD activity is big), since a HD works magnetic it will disturb other things in your computer if they aren't isolated enough.

There is no problem with modern USB sound devices, other than those made by Creative (closed off). As long as the USB bus isn't saturated, and since there is generally more than two on a modern PC anyway, there is enough data for 2 channel high bitrate play to go without issues.

I would blame it on Creative. I blame anything that involves Creative on Creative, though. (yeah, this post wasn't totally helpful, I know)

Archived