µTorrent Remote for Android

Firon

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I just installed on Android. The set up is kind of confusing because if the "name" has been used already it comes up with a security question... Instead of saying "pick any name you want for your computer name" or whatever it says why not check for user names and see if one is available to use again?

Anyway, once I got it up and running, I tried loading a torrent on the android side after browsing through a website. The file is associated with the remote utorrent app as it shows the icon but it flashes quickly when I open it and I can't see what it says... and I checked on the utorrent side and those torrents were not added to my download list. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Instead of a remote access to Utorrent via Android. It would be a good idea if we could use utorrent to download using mobile with Android. Some thing like this galaxy phone and the 3g and 4g network or from wifi it would be a good speed to download files and videos. Not required to switch on the PC all the time. Waiting for such an app which is independent and can be used just with a Android phone or Android tabs, instead of the remote access.

• 1 month later...

I am having trouble connecting with my Nexus S (no root/rom). I have "enabled utorrent remote access", created a username and password and my status is "accessible". When I try to log in on my phone I get "Error: Computer name or password is wrong.". I remember getting this to work on my Fascinate 3G last year, so I'm at a loss at what to try next. The app, even in the alpha stage, was awesome. I really hope to get this working again. It's a fantastic app! :)

Oh, and I'm not using a proxy.

• 2 months later...

I can not login to uTorrent Remote online (Firefox, Explorer, Android) on web it says Error 500 or username dont exsit or wrong username & password & on my Android it says Internal Server Error or Server is not responding. I am using uTorrent 3.1.3 (build 27120) [32 bit]. Can anyone please help

Did you create the remote account in your uTorrent on your computer?

Yes i did, If i knew how to put images on here i would post them so i could show that i made that & what the errors are showing. On the computer it says accessible that i can log in now on any computer, but will not let me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Everyone!

I'm having problems playing the content after downloading it from the App (the file was already downloaded on the CPU). I keep getting an error message saying 'Failed to start viewer'.

What is causing this problem and how can I fix it?

this is probably more of an android problem than a utorrent problem' date=' but i'm hoping someone here can help me anyway. i downloaded the ap and it works fine (very nice design by the way) but i can't seem to get downloaded files onto my phone. i click the file, it says it's downloading, and when it finishes i can play it (it's an mp3), but i can't find it anywhere other than the utorrent ap. is there a way to get it onto my music storage on my phone?

thanks![/quote']

Would someone mind lending a hand to this question. I'm having same issue. After I shift files to phone I don't know what to do next. There is not a thorough guide available for this app unfortunately.

The files go to a subfolder in your SD card. I don't remember the name off the top of my head, though.

I seem to be having the same problem. I've downloaded some mp3 files to my phone from my PC's completed torrents and they seem to play fine within the uTorrent remote app, however they're not showing up in my phone's music player. Also, when I mounted my phone to my PC I searched through all the folders and none of it was there.

I have an HTC EVO LTE running Android 4.0.3

• 2 months later...

Would someone mind lending a hand to this question. I'm having same issue. After I shift files to phone I don't know what to do next. There is not a thorough guide available for this app unfortunately.

The files go to a subfolder in your SD card. I don't remember the name off the top of my head' date=' though.[/quote']

I seem to be having the same problem. I've downloaded some mp3 files to my phone from my PC's completed torrents and they seem to play fine within the uTorrent remote app, however they're not showing up in my phone's music player. Also, when I mounted my phone to my PC I searched through all the folders and none of it was there.

I have an HTC EVO LTE running Android 4.0.3

Try this, Go to Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications >> All >> Music >> Clear Data.

That should force your music player to refresh and therefore detect the new music files.

Any files I download from the uTorrent Remote app are stored in a folder called "Torrent Files" and can easily be accessed using a file explorer such as Astro.

• 1 month later...

Archived