µTorrent Remote for Android

Firon

We've proud to present our native Android application to use µTorrent Remote.

Please test it out and let us know what you think!

Download the app on the Android Market!

QR Code:

?s=8&d=https%3A%2F%2Fplay.google.com%2Fstore%2Fapps%2Fdetails%3Fid%3Dcom.utorrent.web

The app is now officially on the Google Play Store. Check it out! The QR code above will take you directly to it, else search for µTorrent Remote.

Remember, to use this remote app, you need µTorrent 3.0 or newer. Your login credentials are not the same as your forum account!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sendow:

Unfortunately the app's upgrade path is a bit buggy. You might want to uninstall the older version and re-install it.

Regarding adding torrents, you can browse to any torrent site and if you click on (most) torrent links (the link needs to end with .torrent - android browser limitations) you will get a prompt to open it with uTorrent remote which will automatically add it. Same goes for rss feeds where the link ends with .rss.

HTH

AM

• 4 weeks later...

installed this on my phone from the market today- as well as the web utorrent on the pc.

I am able to search for torrents using transdroid and then add them into utorrent using the open with dialogue

It opens them and adds them to the web server on the pc but all downloads are stuck at 0 of XXXX seeds. So it sees all the seeds are there but wont use them- is this the android issue or a falcon issue?

this is probably more of an android problem than a utorrent problem, but i'm hoping someone here can help me anyway. i downloaded the ap and it works fine (very nice design by the way) but i can't seem to get downloaded files onto my phone. i click the file, it says it's downloading, and when it finishes i can play it (it's an mp3), but i can't find it anywhere other than the utorrent ap. is there a way to get it onto my music storage on my phone?

thanks!

First off let me just say this is just amazing what you guys come up with! I love it. However noticed a bug on the utorrent web remote app for android. Whenever I download a .torrent file and try to load the torrent it will say "incorrect credentials or something like that and ask to retry or logout" so ill logout and it will go back to the home screen in which my username and password are saved so all i have to do is press login. I login and then go back and load the .torrent file into utorrent remote and everything works fine. Seems like it sessions out after a half hour or so. I have to relogin, even though under the settings I have it to save password, etc. Anybody else experiencing this? Once i re-login i can load as many torrents as i want to but if I wait an hour or so It makes me log out and log in again. Droidx on 2.2 on wifi and 3g

If you are having trouble logging in, can you tell us whether or not you can log in via a regular web browser at web.utorrent.com? Also, please remember the login credentials you create are not the same as this forum. You make them and manage them inside µTorrent 3.0.

Archived