µTorrent Remote for Android

Firon

Just wanted to share a bit of hassle I was having with the app. For a while, I couldn't get the app to login (It would basically timeout after about a minute or so), but when I clicked on the "Set Security Question" in the desktop client's preferences, the remote app started logging in again. Dunno if it was a coincidence, but I thought I'd share for all of you having similar issues.

BTW... My details are:

Windows 7

utorrent 3.0 Alpha build 24767 64 bit

LG Optimus V

Android 2.2.1

utorrent Remote version 0.2b26666

Good luck.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi i'am new here ....i just got my first android phone . omtimus v an wanted to put utorrent on it . An i also wanted to download on the phone to the sd card . ? can i do this with this phone . The download would be coming from place's like demonoid ...Thank You ..for your time.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm getting the username not found error, but I can't tell if it's authenticated on my pc. Mine has the Web settings under Advanced, not like in the picture. And it doesn't have an authentication box. Do I need to download the config file manually?

I can login now on the web, but not on my android. Reinstalled version 0.2b26666 just to be sure. Running on 2.2 on a Droid 2. Tried using just my browser on my phone and that didn't work either. Also, D/L over 2g/3g is enabled and I am not on wifi.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can login from web or android but then it keeps loading and loading and about a minute later it stops and is not working anymore. Is there a problem with more torrents on a client running? I have ~2800 seeding torrents and the logger gives me that msg:

[2011-07-12 01:20:40] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

[2011-07-12 01:20:43] Got proxy service response (rapton-i-7078291f.utorrent.com:9053, 235 bytes): {"status":"\/status\/ok","message":"Attached client to talon","code":"\/api\/attach\/success","response":{"username":"XXX","security_question":"yes","raptor":"http:\/\/rapton-i-7078291f.utorrent.com:9093","clientid":"XXXXXXXXXX"}}

every time I try to do something remote.

Thx for any hint or fix!

to utorrent administrator;

hi i'm just new here... hoping to get a responds to the administrators of this forum. i would like to ask... is my isp trafficking my download speed? for example if my current download speed is 2mbps base the speed meter of my isp which they provided and my download speed in utorrent is 200kbps what does it mean? are they trafficking the bandwidth of my utorrent or its only on my configuration?

hoping for your quick responds.

regards,

AA08

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

help me help me help me!!! i have downloaded utorrent remote on my laptop and X10, registered etc when i try and log in from my phone it says: 'uTorrent client not found. Is your remote client running and connected?'

my laptop is connected wireless does my phone have to be connected also to the same wireless? after i manage to get this running does this mean i will be able to transfer data from computer to phone without bluetooth or USB?

Hope u guys can help me

dannii xxx :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys ive downloading utorrent 3 and clicked the phone icon set a user name and password but it just says connection and noting else when i press apply.

ive restarted computer opened and closed utorrent loads of times

still says connecting

advice please

changed my user name and it worked.

i did have this set up a while ago with my original user mane i think this was the problem. can i change it back?

No. the fact that this worked before and nothing had been changed except being this error message.

im having the same issue i just started using the app on my htc evo 4g last night works great went to bed woke up this morning and changed my battery and went to log in the app verifies user name generates a seesion key and then i get internal server error now im telling you nothing on my phone or my computer has changed using standard windows firewall but really just confused as like i said nothing is different today as last night except error messege

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Is there a way to upload a torrent file with the remote? I use some pivate trackers and it won't work with the download url in the app. Probably bc I need to log in to get the file.

EDIT: I'm sorry, I didn't try to simply open the file when I looked for an in app option. Easier than I thought. Thx

Archived