µTorrent Remote for Android

Firon

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are having trouble logging in, can you tell us whether or not you can log in via a regular web browser at web.utorrent.com? Also, please remember the login credentials you create are not the same as this forum. You make them and manage them inside µTorrent 3.0.
The username and password you need are from the 3.0 alpha, in the Web preferences. Only when it says "Accessible" on that pane will you be able to connect. It has nothing to do with the username on this forum.

If you are having trouble logging in' date=' can you tell us whether or not you can log in via a regular web browser at web.utorrent.com? Also, please remember the login credentials you create are not the same as this forum. You make them and manage them inside µTorrent 3.0.[/quote']
The username and password you need are from the 3.0 alpha, in the Web preferences. Only when it says "Accessible" on that pane will you be able to connect. It has nothing to do with the username on this forum.

thanks admin. supposed to point people in the right direction not quote other peoples quotes.

as you can see a few people dont know what there doing so it would help putting a few pointers on the OP

I was logged in to web.utorrent.com, I logged out and saw the info about the android beta. I downloaded it and when I log in it says "Error: Username or password is wrong."

Even odder part is that I went back to web.utorrent.com (on my PC) to make sure I wasn't blanking on my username/password and it stops at "Sending key verifier to uTorrent..." with the status bar about 95% done.

I am using uTorrent 3.0, I just updated my alpha today on my lunch break (about 5 hours ago). Plus, like I has said, I was literally JUST logged on my work PC to web.utorrent.com

The only thing I can think of is that I am running Gingerbread (Cyanogenmod 7 on HTC Evo) so maybe this isn't supported?? That would be weird but I thought I'd throw it out there.

EDIT: I also tried it over 3G and on work Wifi, neither worked.

Final Edit: I got home and uTorrent had an error message popped up saying it was unable to connect because another session was using the same username. I clicked OK and the username was "1" and the password was about 12 characters. I fixed it and put in my REAL user name and the app works fine now.

this is probably more of an android problem than a utorrent problem, but i'm hoping someone here can help me anyway. i downloaded the ap and it works fine (very nice design by the way) but i can't seem to get downloaded files onto my phone. i click the file, it says it's downloading, and when it finishes i can play it (it's an mp3), but i can't find it anywhere other than the utorrent ap. is there a way to get it onto my music storage on my phone?

thanks!

Would someone mind lending a hand to this question. I'm having same issue. After I shift files to phone I don't know what to do next. There is not a thorough guide available for this app unfortunately.

I found what I believe is a bug and will post in the bug forums as well. If you try to send more than one file at a time to your phone the app will say the file saved rather than it downloaded. The saved file will then not be present in the "utorrentsdownloads" directory.each additional file will do the same until you click the refresh button in the app.

this is probably more of an android problem than a utorrent problem' date=' but i'm hoping someone here can help me anyway. i downloaded the ap and it works fine (very nice design by the way) but i can't seem to get downloaded files onto my phone. i click the file, it says it's downloading, and when it finishes i can play it (it's an mp3), but i can't find it anywhere other than the utorrent ap. is there a way to get it onto my music storage on my phone?

thanks![/quote']

Would someone mind lending a hand to this question. I'm having same issue. After I shift files to phone I don't know what to do next. There is not a thorough guide available for this app unfortunately.

The files go to a subfolder in your SD card. I don't remember the name off the top of my head, though.

Nice app... Everthing seems to work fine, except for adding torrents.

I tried pressing "add" and pasting the url of the torrent... Then I get a new feed, with no torrents in it.

I also tried opening the torrent directly in my browser, with no luck... Also downloaded the torrent and opened it in different file browsers... Then utorrent remote opens briefly, just to close again... No torrents added.

Hope this can be fixed, it would be så nice to be able to add torrents when I'm not at home.

Nice app... Everthing seems to work fine, except for adding torrents.

I tried pressing "add" and pasting the url of the torrent... Then I get a new feed, with no torrents in it.

I also tried opening the torrent directly in my browser, with no luck... Also downloaded the torrent and opened it in different file browsers... Then utorrent remote opens briefly, just to close again... No torrents added.

Hope this can be fixed, it would be så nice to be able to add torrents when I'm not at home.

I have the same problem... Any help?

Hi guys. I'm having some issues. I've gotten everything to work fine ie I have username and password set up, I can view all my torrents from my phone. But when I try to add a torrent, nothing happens. I downloaded the torrent to my phone, clicked it and it opened up the remote and said 'adding torrent' but then nothing happens and the torrent isnt added or downloading. What's the issue? Any help will be appreciated

Hi there this may seem like a VERY VERY stupid problem but i finally got this to work on my optimus V and when i try to download/open a downloaded file it states :

"Warning!

To download files you must either connect via wifi or allow cellular downloads in the settings."

If any one can hellp me it be must helpful

ihave been using utorrent for about 4 years now and still have no idea what to do in this situation.

I apologize for any grammer mistakes for i am a teenaged american! =-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've installed the app on my Droid X and can log in without a problem. I can view my current torrent status and stop/start also without a problem. I don't, however, see a way to force start torrents that were pause-queued because I am using the scheduler. Am I just missing the option, or has that been left out in the current version? Since I am on DSL and have several others in the household whose internet experience is affected when I'm downloading, this option would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I keep trying to log in on my phone and i keep getting the error "server is not responding" any help on this issue would be appreciated. I am using the HTC thunderbolt.

this happens to me also when I try to connect with a wifi connection but not when using my carriers data plan. tried on 2 different wifi connections and on both i get "server is not responding".

hi guys,

first off, what an amazing idea and I can't wait to use it properly.

i'm having a few issues with the app, and I am not sure if it's because I'm running it on android 2.3, or there are problems with alpha, or the app.

Basically, when I log in I can see what downloads are on my computer at home, but when i go onto a torrent site and select a torrent to open with uTorrent remote, it states: 'loading URL, please wait', and then goes away but then it does not start the download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi there this may seem like a VERY VERY stupid problem but i finally got this to work on my optimus V and when i try to download/open a downloaded file it states :

"Warning!

To download files you must either connect via wifi or allow cellular downloads in the settings."

If any one can hellp me it be must helpful

ihave been using utorrent for about 4 years now and still have no idea what to do in this situation.

I apologize for any grammer mistakes for i am a teenaged american! =-)

You need to press the menu key, and select the option for "Settings". In the settings, you will find an option for "Download over 2G/3G". Select the option, then select "Enable". This should allow you to download over your VM web access.

Archived