µTorrent Mac 1.1 beta (23574)

Firon

After several months of development, we have a brand new beta version of µTorrent Mac with many added features and bugfixes! Several of these features have long been requested by users, and we've finally worked to implement them into the client.

Please try it out!

Download it now!

Release Notes:

• Growl support
  • Dock icon badging
  • Directory and file selection when adding a torrent
  • Privacy settings
  • File relocation

Changelog:

Changes in 1.1.0 (23574)

* Feature add torrent dialog with directory settings and file selection

* Feature growl support

* Feature dock icon badging

* Feature to move torrent save location

* Added privacy settings

* Added advanced directory settings and rules

* Improved UTP bandwidth support

* Fixed seeding ratio limits

* Fixed tracker messages when torrent is complete

* Fixed setting auto add directory

* Improved https support

* Fixed having to hit return to register changes in the bandwidth preferences

Download it now!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just downloaded the 1.1 beta. Noticed two issues, not big ones.

The app icon does not appear in finder, it is just blank

The .torrent file icon also does not appear in finder, it is just blank also.

On investigation of the Info.plist in the application bundle.

the field for "Icon file" and "Icon File Name" the extensions for the icons are missing.

E.g. the "Icon file" field (for the application icon) reads "AppIcon" it should read "AppIcon.icns".

Once the two fields are updated to include the ".icns" extension, and you relaunch finder, the app icon and .torrent file icon appear as they should.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

i've have read many ungreatful people post to you guys on here about how long it took and i just want to say i am very greatful.

im not sure what you are on about, they both work fine for me.

Problem adding torrent file with already downloaded files (for migrate from e.g. Transmission to µTorrent)

When choose "Force Re-Check" µTorrent create blank files without extensions in same directory with already downloaded files and set download progres 0%

When manualy rename existed files to name without extension and re-check — µTorrent check normaly to 100%, but files stay without extensions.

Its easy to fix. Please, we wait again

THANK YOU SO MUCH

i've have read many ungreatful people post to you guys on here about how long it took and i just want to say i am very greatful.

im not sure what you are on about, they both work fine for me.

LOL, see above :D

Problem adding torrent file with already downloaded files (for migrate from e.g. Transmission to µTorrent)

When choose "Force Re-Check" µTorrent create blank files without extensions in same directory with already downloaded files and set download progres 0%

When manually rename existed files to name without extension and re-check — µTorrent check normally to 100%, but files stay without extensions.

When torrent release contain folder — check without bug

When one file - with bug

@silentbobie we changed the trash torrent feature to work on auto loaded torrents in Directories. This is the same as our WIndows client, but it does eliminate the functionality of trashing the torrent on manual add. If there is enough interest in the old functionality, it's something we could add back. We are trying to keep the preferences from growing too complex on mac, so we are pruning where we think it makes sense.

@silentbobie we changed the trash torrent feature to work on auto loaded torrents in Directories. This is the same as our WIndows client, but it does eliminate the functionality of trashing the torrent on manual add. If there is enough interest in the old functionality, it's something we could add back. We are trying to keep the preferences from growing too complex on mac, so we are pruning where we think it makes sense.

Thats cool, Obviously it is a good option for auto add. I would like to see it back, maybe the same as the old functionality, one option for deletion when adding manual or via the auto load. But its not a big issue. Was just unsure whether it was supposed to be like that. Thanks.

I just downloaded the 1.1 beta. Noticed two issues' date=' not big ones.

The .torrent file icon also does not appear in finder, it is just blank also.[/quote']

On investigation of the Info.plist in the application bundle.

the field for "Icon file" and "Icon File Name" the extensions for the icons are missing.

E.g. the "Icon file" field (for the application icon) reads "AppIcon" it should read "AppIcon.icns".

Once the two fields are updated to include the ".icns" extension, and you relaunch finder, the app icon and .torrent file icon appear as they should.

The .icns extension is implied for that field but can be optionally specified. For an example Info.plist that implies .icns, see the Info.plist for the mac address book application.

I would guess that the finder just needed to be restarted.

For me the old "move to trash" after opening a torrent is essential.

Same here. Although the new functionality is ok, if you don't use the auto-load feature, it's important to auto-delete manually added torrents.

Hi!

I can't give priorities to the files inside torrent while downloading. They all get low priority. This wasn't an issue in stable version.

Same issue here.

Archived