µTorrent Mac 1.1 beta (23574)

Firon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found a bug.

Version 1.1.0 (23574)

When I try to make a file "High Priority", it goes into "Low Priority" and stays locked there. It won't revert back to "Normal Priority" if I click normal priority.

Same here.

Edit.

I also noticed that console is showing the following messages.

The first one looks like a memory leak.

[12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x20ccf0 of class NSCalibratedRGBColor autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Stack: (0x9054bf4f 0x90458432 0x2bda 0x8fe12f36 0x8fe0e7e3 0x8fe0e8c9 0x8fe04102 0x8fe07bcf 0x8fe01872 0x8fe01037)

The next three looks like µTorrent couldn't find an image.

12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] Could not find image named 'SplitViewGrabber'. 

12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] Could not find image named 'HideStats'.

12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] Could not find image named 'ShowStats.tiff'.

I have no idea what the last console message means.

12/12/10 7:21:27 PM uTorrent[309] *** _networkReachabilityChangedCallback got flags: -r----- 

Great new features! However, i have one small problem with 1.1 is that there would be no connection or stays at slow speed when open up uTorrent after i boot/restart into OSX.

Normally i download at about 1mb download 100kb up, but when this happens i can stay at around 15kb download and 10kb upload. i found a work around for this issue is to download 1.01 and replace 1.1. this way it will fix the issue.

But because i use the new features in 1.1. so what i do is first download 1.01 and repalce 1.1's, then download 1.1 again and replace 1.01 with 1.1. This way works fine.

Problem adding torrent file with already downloaded files (for migrate from e.g. Transmission to µTorrent)

When choose "Force Re-Check" µTorrent create blank files without extensions in same directory with already downloaded files and set download progres 0%

When manualy rename existed files to name without extension and re-check — µTorrent check normaly to 100%, but files stay without extensions.

Its easy to fix. Please, we wait again

I have this same issue when I move a file using the Advanced > Set download location..., I use an auto downloader for my torrents so this app can auto start even if I am asleep at the time so this is a bit of a pain.

I am also having a problem with a private tracker, it is not sending out whatever confirmation it needs to tell the tracker it is me, Upload is not tracked and downloads won't start. I tried it overnight just to check, Transmission had it complete in 10min so it was not a .torrent file issue.

Problem adding torrent file with already downloaded files (for migrate from e.g. Transmission to µTorrent)

When choose "Force Re-Check" µTorrent create blank files without extensions in same directory with already downloaded files and set download progres 0%

When manualy rename existed files to name without extension and re-check — µTorrent check normaly to 100%' date=' but files stay without extensions.

Its easy to fix. Please, we wait again[/quote']

I have this same issue when I move a file using the Advanced > Set download location..., I use an auto downloader for my torrents so this app can auto start even if I am asleep at the time so this is a bit of a pain.

I am also having a problem with a private tracker, it is not sending out whatever confirmation it needs to tell the tracker it is me, Upload is not tracked and downloads won't start. I tried it overnight just to check, Transmission had it complete in 10min so it was not a .torrent file issue.

You may need to check with the private tracker to see if they have a client whitelist. If they do, this version of utorrent may not be on the whitelist, and you will most likely have to ask the admin to add it, or wait til a stable release of 1.1. I have this issue with a private tracker I use regularly, so I am using 1.0.2 for files just from that tracker.

Hi guys,

I recently downloaded the 1.1 beta version of uTorrent. Prior to that everything was working perfectly fine with me getting the speeds of upto 750 kB/s which is the maximum I would get on my internet connection anyway. But ever since I downloaded the latest version my download speed does not go above 28 kB/s. I didn't change any settings in the previous versions and haven't done so for this one too. Can anyone please guide me as to what I need to go to get it running normally again. Any help will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

I was complaining about 'move torrent to trash' but i found out if i put to open automatically the torrent in "downloads" folder it can be deleted when it opens, so fits my need.

And just love the feature to move completed torrents to Label folder, :D just perfect.

I found a bug anyway, first the one i said earlier , when you put "hight priority" goes "Low" , and now some torrents are stopping at 99%, going from the 1.0mb/s that normally do , to 50kbp/s and keeping 5 minutes like that until the download finishes, and no metter the size of the file, always happens this. =/

When I remove my 'done' torrents (because always opens in "ALL" and is such a mess with many torrents), the labels are removed too, would it be great if i can always have my labels without keeping 'done torrents' for it. :D

I mean, i want to make "music", "tv shows" and "movies" labels and keep them forever to just assign new torrents to one of them and keep my folder organized. ;)

I am still having an issue with download speed, I have set preferences to unlimited (same as upload), when I log in, the download rapidly goes up to 1.4-1.5 Mbps, then slowly reduces to hover around 10Kbps. It then yoyos up and down, never stabilizing at any solid download rate ???

I also find I have almost no uploading going on, never above 20Kbps ???

I hate to say, never have this issue on my Windows computer.

I think I found a bug.

If I download a .torrent but don't okay the "Add new torrent" dialog window, but instead download another .torrent, then I can okay the latter one, but the first window is out of view, and the uT main window is acing as though there is a dialog window open - I can't do anything..

Try it out

I found a bug.

Version 1.1.0 (23574)

When I try to make a file "High Priority", it goes into "Low Priority" and stays locked there. It won't revert back to "Normal Priority" if I click normal priority.

I found a bug.

Version 1.1.0 (23574)

When I try to make a file "High Priority"' date=' it goes into "Low Priority" and stays locked there. It won't revert back to "Normal Priority" if I click normal priority.[/quote'] Same here.

Got the same bug when trying to make some file "high priority"and goes to "low priority" :(

(still miss the "move torrent file to trash after opening it ")

Thanks for the reports. We will be fixing the priority bug in the next beta.

Yeah Marucins...

Version 1.1.0 (23574)

12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x20ccf0 of class NSCalibratedRGBColor autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

(...)

12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] Could not find image named 'SplitViewGrabber'. 12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] Could not find image named 'HideStats'. 12/12/10 7:21:25 PM uTorrent[309] Could not find image named 'ShowStats.tiff'. 

(...)

12/12/10 7:21:27 PM uTorrent[309] *** _networkReachabilityChangedCallback got flags: -r----- 
02/01/2011 05:06:40 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[103] ([0x0-0x23023].com.bittorrent.uTorrent[185]) Exited with exit code: 1
1.1 has been crashing for me with no error message. Often. Five times in the last 24 hours.

Bug - leaks, missing resources, unexpected exit (normal beta rough edges ;)) I have all the above and believe they are actually connected. Makes it very hard to download large torrents though. But people, I think the devs get the idea now, I suspect you can stop reporting this. ;)

Devs: thanks for a great job! :cool:

Version 1.1.0 (23574)

i want to make "music", "tv shows" and "movies" labels and keep them forever to just assign new torrents)

Feature request - bump - yes please. But couple it with Transmission feature where selecting a label for a torrent will automatically put the files in the folder associated with the label (eg. when adding a torrent, I can give it a Video label - would be great if the downloaded files went automatically to my Download > Videos folder).

Archived