µTorrent Mac 1.1 beta (23574)

Firon

I have a humble request for future versions : that the torrents that are no longer registered with a tracker (Dimeadozen for ex.) can be singled out with a different colour.

Right I have to click on each torrent and read the info UT gives me to see if a particular torrent feel off a tracker.

Boring and time-consuming...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the point of BETA TESTING, was that we actually get to BETA TEST.

Where's the second 1.1 beta with fixes? Did the whole coding team go on vacation or something?? It's been 2 months since the first 1.1 beta (mid december).

EDIT:

I understand a quality product shouldn't get rushed, but for crying out loud, this is ridiculous!!

Please Firon, just release new betas so we can give you feedback. No hard feelings.

The release cycle for betas is much slower for our Mac client, since mac users are a whiny bunch and won't want to see the kind of broken, buggy stuff we put out in the windows betas and alphas. :P The Mac beta is much more thoroughly QAed and fails the QA process quite a lot. The net result is that each release takes considerably longer.

...... We are trying to keep the preferences from growing too complex on mac, so we are pruning where we think it makes sense.
This is a program that begs for many preferences to customize when and how users can upload/download files. Make the preference pane as thorough as possible. Just use tabs and keep each feature properly categorized and it will be just fine.

...... We are trying to keep the preferences from growing too complex on mac' date=' so we are pruning where we think it makes sense.[/quote'] This is a program that begs for many preferences to customize when and how users can upload/download files. Make the preference pane as thorough as possible. Just use tabs and keep each feature properly categorized and it will be just fine.

Or make a basic and advanced preference pannel just like Better Touch tool

I'm also pleased with the improvements, but noticed a few things:

1) Still can't drag URLs into the uTorrent window. Instead I still have to copy, Add URL, return.

2) I still can't start/stop with the keyboard. I still have to click a little toolbar button. Keyboard navigation in general could improve. It isn't always clear what view is 'selected' for keyboard events (like when tabbing through views). I haven't tested the "Files" tab yet because I can't find a complex enough torrent at the moment, but in the last version it was a big pain to expand everything and have uTorrent remember the expansion.

3) The new torrent prompt is a great idea, but there ought to be two different buttons for 'add' and 'add & download' (or words to that effect). That would save having to click that tiny toolbar button.

4) Stil can't select NIC, or use multiple NICs. Vuze has a horrid interface, but can do this.

Two bugs(?) with the new prompt window for saving data files to a specific location:

- The prompt appears ONLY if the program is already open. If the program is closed, and you click a .torrent file link in your browser and choose "open with utorrent", the data files will download into the default location. No prompt window appears.

- If you click "cancel" in a prompt window, it downloads into the default location, rather than not downloading the files at all.

Archived