Too high upload speed?

perfriberg

Hi Guys,

My problem is probably the opposite of many others.

I use utorrent 2.2 (build 23703).

I'm trying to limit the upload speed to 500 kB/s on one file that I'm seeding, but still the upload speed is 1.5 - 2.0 MB/s

This is even when I set limits in "Preferenses" and when I do an individual speed limit for a specific file.

I have no problem with download speed....can moderate that as I want. Normally I have the window open when I download. 2.0 MB/s and up...depending on who is online and if they can coop with me.

It is actually not a big problem, just want to know why I can't limit it....(not a control freak).

Can it be a bug??

Regards,

Per Friberg

Thanks Switek for your fast response,

However, I think I have covered your advises 1-4 + more, much more.

Been using Utorrent since it was released in public and not until the 2 latest updates this phenomena showed up. As I said before, not really a problem with fast up and download, just want to know why it happens

Switek, sorry for misunderstanding.....

What I meant was that I think I have studied everything I have found about speed limits, This forum was my last resort.

I will test with your advise: to check apply rates with another torrent, the one I had problem with was removed yesterday as it reached the ratio 1: 10....use to let them run to Ratio 10 before I remove them.

But I hadn't checked that box....will do that now..

Thanks.

Something happened, but not what I'm looking for.

The total download speed went down to about 250 kB/s and download speed almost died...have two files on download....about 350 kB/s each...went down to about 30 kB/s each.

BTW. this version of utorrent . (v 2.2) freezes for a few minutes everytime I make a change under preferences, to it....normal? never happened with earlier versions.

Normally I disagree with people saying: it was better before.....but now???

regards,

Per

"BTW. this version of utorrent . (v 2.2) freezes for a few minutes everytime I make a change under preferences,"

Stands to reason uTorrent is almost locking up...and no, that shouldn't be happening.

1st link in my signature, last post. I still don't know enough about your conditions to determine the cause. :(

My guess is the speed went way down because the torrent conditions changed and/or other problems you're having (causing the freezing).

About the freezing: This happens not only on my computer...that are running W7, 64 bit's, it also happens on my son's computer that are running a W Xp, 32 bits....he is running a Chinese version but I don't see that it would matters...

About the speed...lets just forget about it....it doesn't harm and it probably keep some peers happy as they can download faster from me....I have to stop prioritize uploads...simple as that...

But DAMN...it is annoying not to know why it doesn't work as it should....

I still think it is some kind of bug in the program....everything have been working fine for years till I got this new version...

regards and thanks

Try with uTP disabled. You may need to restart torrents or all of uTorrent to take effect.

If that doesn't work, about the only other possibilities are overheads and Teredo/IPv6.

Can you post a screenshot of just the speed graph (set to upload+download and 5 second resolution) with the download/upload bar under it, so I can be sure of what you're talking about? :(

(This way I'll know if it's download-induced overheads or something FAR worse.)

For SCREENSHOTS, post it here!: http://www.imageshack.us/

...then put the link to it in your post.

Archived