RSS feed arrive date

hendrix

he wants a µTorrent date so he can still find the newest releases. if you have a big feed with no dates(or µTorrent can't read the date format), like i do, then finding new releases can be a bitch.

i'd like for the dates column to be fixed so it can read all date formats, but that still doesn't help with feeds that don't have a date at all. maybe for those feeds, instead of showing a question mark µTorrent could put in the time it detected the release?

edit: if µTorrent did this, then you wouldn't be able to tell which feeds had dates that µTorrent couldn't read. maybe µTorrent could put a "µ" after dates it creates itself?

Yeah, I would like to see such a feature, I use a RSS feed with no pubDate, and those lazy boys don't want to add this, they told me "Ask ludde to do this".

In fact, I don't really care if I can't tell which feeds had dates that µTorrent couldn't read.

I don't see how this can help

a. In case there is no date in the feed - should uT put the local PC time ? if so - all the feed's releases will have the same date anyway ?

b. In the second case that there is a date - uT should simply be able to read it's format

I must say - that on the public feeds I use - all the dates are shown correctly.

@ rafi

a. the times would be every fifteen minutes (and have day and month and such), not the same times, so it would be useful. I have a couple of rss feeds that have torrents for the last two-three weeks. not having it sorted by time makes it very hard to find anything, and especially hard to pick out anything new, as µTorrent won't put that little clock next to new releases because it doesn't have a date to refer to.

b. i agree - if there is a date, µTorrent should read it. if you find a date format µTorrent can't read, put it in this topic.

@ rafi

a. the times would be every fifteen minutes (and have day and month and such), not the same times, so it would be useful.

you want uT to "remember" all the releases from previous scan (and their times) and update the time-stamp - only for new releases ?

Well, I think this is asking too much from poor uT's RSS ....

Archived