Grokster - P2P , utorrent - Trojan

BobinDallas

• 2 weeks later...
You're not making much sense. Please explain what program is reporting what. Or if you're just high, wait until you come down and then explain :)

:|Sorry about that, not high just not familiar with my surroundings. Was trying to get an answer to a problem that isn't an issue anymore. A novice at forums and think I posted in the wrong place. The question concerned anti-spy ware, and UTorrent being listed. It took a hammer on the head to see the reason it would show up as a Trojan but I thought it out and came to the conclusion that I need not be worried about it.

Any anti-spyware that claims a program you installed to perform a legitimate task over the internet is a trojan isn't very good anti-spyware. Does it flag up Firefox as spyware too ? :) Running a bit torrent server can send some security software into meltdown, with connections coming and going all over the place.

Now if it was complaining about the new toolbar that comes bundled in Windows then it might have a point ...

:)I run AVG regularly but every once in awhile I'll use the ca anti-spy on the yahoo toolbar. Gradually I'm learning that combating these bugs we get can be done within programs like useing the anti-virus within Utorrent. I'm still running around and into torrent sites that I can't figure out if it's a virus or me and my input that's making problems. I'm becoming more patient and less nervous.

while you're responding to me, do you know why the apps I downloaded from the Studio would't be there the next day? I'd used and applied them, so I know they worked. Do you use apps?

Archived