Bittorrent windows xp crash

kjades

Hi guyz, sorry if this problem has already been solved somewhere else in the forum, but I'm in need to find a way out of this.

The problem simply is: as soon as I start downloading with bittorrent, the computer crashes and restarts. The strangest thing is that this mess began only recently, let's say about three days ago, and I haven't done any remarkable change in the meanwhile.

Now I am trying to uninstall the program and use utorrent, hope it will get better, but plz, any advice would be precious indeed :).

Thank you.

Hi guyz, it's me again.

Having a look around for this forum I found something quite interesting, meaning some people already had my same problem.

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=17225

As suggested in that post, I first tried to run utorrent disabling the firewall (Zone Alarm in my case).

Nothing anyway, the monitor turned black after a while and the pc restarted.

Then I tried the last step, runnning utorrent after unistalling Zone Alarm.

It worked perfectly.

So, is it really impossible to run utorrent or bittorrent along with any firewall software?

It really sounds strange to me, since I had never had any problem until a week ago, and Zone Alarm was there.

My question is, am I doomed to choose, either my firewall or utorrent?

Is there any other firewall which does not create any problem while running utorrent?

Thank you for your patience guyz, help this poor noob save his little pc.

:)

Archived