utorrent server 3.0-23418 "downloading

lookout888

I looked through the forums and have not seen this. If I missed the solution I apologize. I am running:

ubuntu 10.10

Utorrent server 3.0-23418

When I add a torrent, utorrent picks it up and adds it to my downloading list. queue's the torrent, then 2 sec later puts it in a status of downloading. But 0L and 0S. The status never changes from downloading. I don't see any errors on my router and I don't see any errors in the utserver log's ( set logmask: 0xffffffff.)

I am newer to Linux, and utserver. Any help would be great.

Thanks

You need to make sure the port that uTorrent is trying to use is open. Lots of ways to do this. The simplest is plug-n-play but it doesn't always work properly. Then you can use a fixed port and open the port in the router config. Depending on your router you may also have options to bind ports to particular applications and all sorts of fancy stuff, but maybe try it the simple way first ...

Also, like checking your gadget is plugged in, make sure there is someone out there with your file. Try a "test" torrent like openoffice or an ubuntu iso which always has seeds and peers.

So I tried downloading open office and it worked. The other torrents I have tried I know they work as I can download them using the reg. utorrent. This would confirm that the ports are open on my router( as I can download openoffice). Any reason the other torrents will not work. They are http://..

Thank you for your suggestion on open office that completely slipped my mind.

Update: The site I use does not support this version of utorrent yet.... Bummer!

Thank you for your help,

Archived