Icons from the Name column to the Status column

Huck

Because the icons are infact the status. Having them show up under the "name" category doesnt really make sense. I do see the point you're trying to make...

Maybe if hovering the mouse over the icon, you'd get the popup box identifying the icon? utorrent doesnt do this now(aside from hovering over the tray icon and seeing total torrents being downloaded or seeding), but I'd prefer that over your suggestion.

Well you already have a status column. Is the 10-15 extra pixels for the text that much of a bother ?

Though i do agree about the logical part of this. I dont mind it either way, Overall. Though the sorting by status is a bit weird anyway..

Downloading > Seeding > Finished > Forced Download > Forced Seed > Queued Download > Queued Seed > Stopped.

Id suggest something like this:

Down > Forced Down > Seed > Forced Seed > Queued Down > Queued Seed > Finished > Stopped.

or

Down > Seed > Forced Down > Forced Seed > Queued Down > Queued Seed > Finished > Stopped.

Makes more sense to me.

I agree with chaos' logic on this one. The picture you posted, Huck, doesn't really provide a visual imporvement; the icons work where they are. There are other things that should be fixed in the main torrent window that would probably make all aspects (including the icon placement) of the torrent window more visually pleasing.

Is the 10-15 extra pixels for the text that much of a bother ?

I like small windows. Picturized status column can be narrowed and still look nice and informative.

Though the sorting by status is a bit weird anyway..

What's weird? Torrents group by status. Downloading torrents at the top, Seeding at the bottom. Or vice versa.

The picture you posted, Huck, doesn't really provide a visual imporvement; the icons work where they are.

There's just excessive information in the µtorrent window. Torrent status is doubled in the status column and in the pics of the Name column. I offer my vision of the interface.

I'd have to say i agree with Huck. I'd rather the status icon be separate from the Name column, in its own column. That way i can place it where i want it in the column order.

Currently it's:

--Done--Name--Size--Completed--Status--etc--

However I'd like to be able to set it like:

--Icon--Done--Name--Size--Completed--Status--etc--

Archived