Cannot connect to webui from LAN

hollaburoo

Using the latest version of the utorrent webui, I can connect to it on the local machine at http://localhost:8080/gui

The machine in question is running Ubuntu 10.04, nothing outside of the standard fare I can think of.

When I try to connect to it from another computer on my LAN, I get a timeout error.

I have apache installed on the machine, but I don't think it's interfering, everything on it is using a standard port 80.

I tried running wireshark to see if there was anything helpful, but the results were... slightly mystifying (I can add them if someone thinks they'll be helpful).

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

I do this and it works fine. A timeout suggests that you have a valid IP address but the wrong port. Or perhaps the right port but not open. utserver and webui communicate using a port that is not (usually) the same as the ones used for uploading and downloading torrents. By default it will be set to port 8080 and you need to specify this when you connect to webui. You can change it in the tools from webui. You type 192.168.1.100:8080/gui

Archived