uTorrent server and NFS mounted drive

florm

Hy,

I have a strange problem, and I can't get to the bottom of it.

I have the following configuration

CentOS release 5.5 - 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5PAE and a NAS mounted drive via NFS

The NFS is mounted in /media/download via fstab

192.168.0.250:/VOLUME1/DOWNLOAD /media/download/ nfs rw,nolock,addr=192.168.0.250 0 0

If i set the download and the .torrents location to /media/download/uTorrent the torrents fail to start with status "Error: ??", but the .torrent file is in the wright place (/media/download/uTorrent/tor). The permissions to the directories are set to 777.

If i set the download location anyware else on the local system the torrents are working perfect .

Does anyone have any ideeas?

Thanks in advance

If i set the download and the .torrents location to /media/download/uTorrent the torrents fail to start with status "Error: ??", but the .torrent file is in the wright place (/media/download/uTorrent/tor). The permissions to the directories are set to 777.

If i set the download location anyware else on the local system the torrents are working perfect .

Try appending a slash to the value you supply for dir_download and dir_torrent_files: for example, /media/download/uTorrent/

I'v tried that but with the same resut.

I'v tried olso to trick it by downloading to a diffrent folder(ex: /home/torrents/ - location that works) and the to move completed downloads to: /media/download/uTorrent/ ... and the result was a new error: Unable to move: Not a directory

After repeted attempts i noticed that:

- if the torrent contains a single file, after download(in /home/torrents/), uTorrent was able to move it to the specified folder(ex: /media/download/uTorrent/), but in the completed window appears with "Error: ??" status

- if the torrent contains multiple files, uTorrent was not able to move the folder (Unable to move: Not a directory), and on the destination path (ex: /media/download/uTorrent/) an emply blank file with the torrent name was created.

I have the following configuration

CentOS release 5.5 - 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5PAE and a NAS mounted drive via NFS

The NFS is mounted in /media/download via fstab

192.168.0.250:/VOLUME1/DOWNLOAD /media/download/ nfs rw,nolock,addr=192.168.0.250 0 0

If i set the download location anyware else on the local system the torrents are working perfect.

I read your post a second time. I would recommend against using a remote file system for the active directory or the completed directory. uTorrent will be using those remotely mounted files for seeding, and any problems with the connection will cause problems. I haven't used remotely mounted file systems for active/completed directories, so maybe others who have tried remotely mounted file systems could describe their experiences with this.

You could explore using the finish_cmd and state_cmd settings (settable initially in utserver.conf) that upon completion would invoke a program of your choice. In this case, a program that would copy the torrent data files to your remote file system would be useful, and the torrent data files would still be available on a local file system for seeding.

Archived