Upload Speed Non-existent

COtto1984

My upload speed is absolutely crawling. It is averaging 0.1 - 0.5 kB/s and doesn't hold a connection for very long.

I ran the Glasnost Test and it reports there is no indication my ISP is limiting my downloads or uploads.

Here is my setup:

Windows 7

uTorrent 2.2

CL7C = WRT54GL v1.1 Router w/ Tomato Firmware v1.28.1816

I ran the "Setup Guide" and got green checks on both tests. It selected 4 upload slots with an Upload Limit of 58.0 kB/s. Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Here is the information requested:

EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above (please be as explicit and specific as you can). Tell us what your changed settings are.

1.) Ran Setup Guide and Glasnost Test. Ports are okay and ISP does not appear to be throttling.

2.) DHT network is disabled (I use a private torrent site that says to turn it off).

3.) I tried Protocol Encryption to no avail.

The state/value of all of the options you were recommended to change up above.

1.) Everything is default, except DHT Network is still off.

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window)

1.) Green

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes

1.) Port is open and network is configured properly.

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent)

Upload Speed: 475.13 kbit/s

Upload Limit: 58.0 kB/s

Upload Slots: 4

Connections (per torrent): 85

Connections (global): 350

Max active torrents: 4

Max active downloads: 3

Port: 30288

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to

1.) 100

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?)

1.) Windows 7

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware)

1.) Microsoft Security Essentials

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model

1.) CL7C = WRT54GL v1.1 Router w/ Tomato Firmware v1.28.1816

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used

1.) Texas Mid Gulf Cablevision

Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you.

1.) Cable

2.) Upload: 76.7 kB/s

3.) Download: 364.8 kB/s

Archived