System speed slows down

Wheels

I had utorrent working perfectly but I recently had to wipe my system and start again from an unrelated problem. I reinstalled utorrent I started downloading torrents but now I can barely use the pc for anything else.It's very slow reacting.I seem to remember years ago I was instucted to open more ports for uT to use and that made it good,Is this what I need to do? If so could you tell me how to do it I am running vista home premium, ie8 and norton full antivirus.My cpu usage goes upto 100% when I download a torrent.Thanks Guys :/

I have found many people asking about download speed but That is not what I am talking about I am talking about freezing up when downloading to much cpu used for the download or to run uT, the speed of the download is pretty good and I honestly can't find anything in the forums or else I would troubleshoot without bothering you.If you had given me a link to the correct forum I would not be asking again.I did setup uT for my pc by running the test configuration and it did make it better but not when another pc is hooked up to same modem playing online games.

By the way I have the new version and as i said in the first post Everything was set perfect before I uninstalled uT so it's just a matter of getting it back to the same setup I had before.I remember some helping me open about 6 firewall ports just for uT to use whereas I only have one at a time now,this may or may not be the cause I don't know.

Ok I did manage to find the 1000s of post's your talking about and none of them have been sorted.I can't read all of them but the last 20 or so seem to be suggesting that the problem is with the latest build of uT and many are converting back to 2.0.4 it seems you guys are working on the fixes but I can't tell if you have done this or not because most of the posts I read seem to go dead after all the trouble shooting doesn't work.I see that people are being asked to be patient and I can do this too if the bugs or issues are not sorted out yet,or try and revert back to the older version till the problems are fixed? Are you having problems with the new version?

Do you ever use more than one sentence to help people c'mon man what do you mean use edit? Yes norton sucks but I have 82 days left then I'll change it but norton is not the problem here and you know it so why don't u answer my question.Is there a problem with the new version or not? if there is I will wait till it's sorted out I don't know why u are so abrupt,people come here for help not attitude it's not our fault we can't fix the damn thing don't you think I have better things to do with my time?

Archived