uTorrent system tray

mpqo

I registered on these forums with the sole purpose of telling this thread that yes, I have this same problem. XP 32bit.

It normally works correctly. I have it set to system tray on close, it does so, same with minimizing. I've never seen this problem start; ie I've never closed it and have the icon disappear. It must happen while another application is running or the screen saver starts, or something that I don't immediately notice anyway. I normally fix it by unchecking and re-checking the UI settings; any that deal with the system tray.

I'll try and pay closer attention to it.

It is not just if utorrent starts with windows I have the same problem and I start 2.2 manually after my windows vista home premium sp3 starts. (although it is usually the first program I click on upon startup)

When I start utorrent it starts maxamised. When I minimise it to tray sometimes no tray icon appears and I have to start utorrent again to get the window to appear again (it is running in background). I then untick always show tray icon and click apply then retick and apply again and then it shows the tray icon.

I have both minimise to tray and close to tray checked in the options and I'm not sure if it makes a difference which one I use. I am going to start trying both and also having them alternatively checked in the options as I am now tired of this problem occurring most days for weeks now.

Archived