Speed problem, as many others...

ztevie

Used uTorrent for many years and I've got the same problems as many others. Veeery slow download speeds. I've been basically trying every guide and tip I could find, but no improvment. So I decided to test a few others, to determine if the fault is with the ISP or something....

I used the same file for download. A file which has about 40 steady seeders, with maybe twice as many leechers.

uTorrent: 5-15 kb/s, noticed in the sources list that my connection to others were on and off all the time, thus never reaching any real speed on any of them.

BitTorrent: Same as above...

Tixati: No result, it kept crashing, could never get the file to start download.... Gave up and uninstalled after 5 times trying...

Vuze: Installed, went through their beginner setup with speed test and all that.... Added the .torrent, and..... drum roll..... SUCCESS! It soon went up to 350 kb/s and stayed there (with some fluctuations +- 20kb), but still works as it should.

I really don't know what happened, I didn't go into any settings at all, I just let Vuze fix all that for me. And I'm too lazy to compare everything in detail. I don't dare touch anything now that I finally have some speed either...

Hope uTorrent can fix this, then I'll be happy to try it again. Also, Vuze seem to be a bit more heavy on CPU and things like that, but it's a small price to pay for a working client...

Archived