utorrent icon not in system tray

bugmenot2

i have been using u torrent in win xp sp3. its working fine but all versions 2.XXXXX both stable and beta have one common issue. i have enabled the options close to tray and minimise to tray in UI options.. yet when i close or minimise, utorrent disappears from taskbar as well as system tray.. the windows task manager reveals that utorrent.exe service is still running in background.. so i have to double click desktop icon to open the hidden Utorrent.. i have seen this problem in most of my friend's pcs running xp sp3.. thats y had to report..! pls fix the bug so that utorrent stays in system tray /task bar when minimised(as it happens in versions 1.8.x, 1.9.x etc)

• 1 month later...

found the problem this should sort it i had the same problem and this managed to sort it ....

open utorrent>settings>UI settings> click the tickbox and untick it where it says always show tray icon then apply the changes and then tick the tickbox and apply changes and bob's your uncle it should work

• 2 months later...

Many thanks, keyster! I just recently registered here and found your helpful reply to a problem that has been plaguing me for some time. I very much appreciate some of the functions that one can perform from the system tray and couldn't find how to do these when the icon 'disappeared' from it. :D

Archived