Build 24118 - libcrypto & libssl warnings on startup.

Superman710e

Thanks for the new build! :D

Noticing these warning errors on startup:

Starting utserver /opt/utorrent/server/bin/utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by /opt/utorrent/server/bin/utserver)
/opt/utorrent/server/bin/utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by /opt/utorrent/server/bin/utserver)

The application still seems to start successfully however!

In my RPM spec file I had to add Autoreq: 0 to allow it to install without giving similar warnings.

Thanks,

Jason

same on ArchLinux:

[root@Serveur ~]# /etc/rc.d/utorrent-server start
:: Starting utorrent-server [BUSY]
/usr/bin/utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[DONE]

And impossible to get to the GUI.......

edit: version of openssl on ArchLinux is 1.0.0.c-1

I managed to find and install a

libopenssl0_9_8

(v0.9.8m) package in one of openSuSE 11.3 repositories, alongside openssl 1.0.0 and libopenssl1_0_0 I have installed already.

Now I get the same non-fatal warning messages as the first post on this topic even though I know in my case that I have

libcrypto.so.0.9.8

and

libssl.so.0.9.8

, and not symbolic links to versions of those two files:

utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (require by utserver)

utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (require by utserver)

I managed to find and install a
libopenssl0_9_8

(v0.9.8m) package in one of openSuSE 11.3 repositories, alongside openssl 1.0.0 and libopenssl1_0_0 I have installed already.

Now I get the same non-fatal warning messages as the first post on this topic even though I know in my case that I have

libcrypto.so.0.9.8

and

libssl.so.0.9.8

, and not symbolic links to versions of those two files:

utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (require by utserver)

utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (require by utserver)

This is my same scenario from the first post. I guess I already had the 0.9.8 packages installed, but also have the 1.0.0 version as well...that explains why my instance still was able to start despite the warnings! :cool:

Sorry - I forgot to mention in release notes that the product now loads libcrypto and libssl shared libraries. This is in preparation for enabling uTorrent Web functionality on the server product (so you can remotely access your server via uTorrent Web if you enable that functionality). This functionality might work in uTorrent Server, but nobody has tested it. I'll be adding some settings to the configuration file to allow admins to specify username, password, and enable/disable flag for uTorrent Web. I would think you could use the HTTP interface (action=setsetting) to set the needed settings, which include:

webui.uconnect_enable

webui.uconnect_username

but, right now I don't think there's a way to set the password via the HTTP interface, so that would mean it doesn't work (unless you hack settings.dat). I'll be looking into this; two days ago I was talking with a couple of other engineers about enabling uconnect / uTorrentWeb on uTorrent Server.

One question I have for members: would you prefer to allow changing the username/password/enabling of uconnect via the HTTP interface, or would you prefer that only the admin should be able to set up uconnect via the configuration file? My preference is to have only admin access to uconnect configuration via the configuration file (I can make these settings update on hangup signal or file-based maintenance request, so you don't need to stop and restart your servers), but post your preferences and use cases.

Same problem here. After installing the openssl-devel package on CentOS 5.5 and then creating symlinks to libssl.so and libcrypto.so, utserver starts, although it throws the same warnings as described above.

It has however been stable for the past 24 hours.

can confirm this works in CentOS 5.5 32 bit as well.

Not bad, had my first crash 4 days ago, running whatever version was available November 29, 2010, which is why I got around to upgrading today. Hopefully this version will run longer without a crash :)

for the lazy:

cd /usr/lib
ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e libssl.so.0.9.8
ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e libcrypto.so.0.9.8

this assumes you have already installed the openssl-devel package for CentOS.

• 1 month later...

I've tried upgrading to build v.24733 but get similar warnings on startup.

delslige@CentOS utorrent-server-v3_0]$ ./utserver &[1]4026
[delslige@CentOS utorrent-server-v3_0]$ ./utserver: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by ./utserver)
./utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by ./utserver)
./utserver: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./utserver)

I've checked my libraries and created the symbolic links but still get the same error. Here is how my links are configured.

[delslige@CentOS lib]$ pwd
/lib
[delslige@CentOS lib]$ ls libcry*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 45432 Oct 25 19:16 libcrypt-2.5.so*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1295456 Dec 15 10:31 libcrypto.so.0.9.8e*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Mar 5 12:57 libcrypto.so.6 -> libcrypto.so.0.9.8e*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 Nov 20 19:01 libcrypt.so.1 -> libcrypt-2.5.so*
[delslige@CentOS lib]$ ls libssl*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 291172 Dec 15 10:31 libssl.so.0.9.8e*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Mar 5 12:57 libssl.so.6 -> libssl.so.0.9.8e*
[delslige@CentOS lib]$ cd /usr/lib
[delslige@CentOS lib]$ ls libcry*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2416134 Dec 13 14:10 libcrypto.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Mar 5 12:57 libcrypto.so -> ../../lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Mar 5 13:12 libcrypto.so.0.9.8 -> /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Nov 14 14:14 libcryptsetup.so.0 -> libcryptsetup.so.0.0.0*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 51276 Sep 3 2009 libcryptsetup.so.0.0.0*
[delslige@CentOS lib]$ ls libssl*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 217560 Oct 20 07:09 libssl3.so*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 458432 Dec 13 14:10 libssl.a
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 26 Mar 5 12:57 libssl.so -> ../../lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Mar 5 13:11 libssl.so.0.9.8 -> /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e*

I'm running centOS 5.5. The program doesn't start. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Archived