how to install utorrent into centos 5.5 32bit

onel0ve

Step 1: unpack tarball.

Step 2. run utserver

Done! If you run utserver in a terminal then you can see that it starts up and whether there are any fatal errors. If there are fatal errors then you'll have to work through them.

Most people can reach this stage but don't realise uTorrent is running because there is no front end. Go to your browser and enter http://192.168.0.2:8080/gui (you'll have to enter the IP address of your machine on your local network, which is nearly always 192.168.0.something, but the last number may vary). It should ask for you a username and password which is admin and blank. You should see a user interface.

Once you have a user interface you can check that your ports and router are configured properly and change various other options.

Good old CentOS, always missing a library or two :) Go out and find the library. Do you have libssl at all? If so, which version?

Are you running this by ssh remotely? A seedbox? Once you get the libraries sorted and utserver running you will have to enter the remote IP address which might be an external IP. You'll have to check that port 8080 (initially) is open on the local and remote machines (should be). Do you have control over opening ports on the remote machine? Or pnp? Or suitable ports already open?

Good old CentOS, always missing a library or two :) Go out and find the library. Do you have libssl at all? If so, which version?

Are you running this by ssh remotely? A seedbox? Once you get the libraries sorted and utserver running you will have to enter the remote IP address which might be an external IP. You'll have to check that port 8080 (initially) is open on the local and remote machines (should be). Do you have control over opening ports on the remote machine? Or pnp? Or suitable ports already open?

i am using centos 5.5 32 bit

where i will get this binary file ???

• 5 months later...
Step 1: unpack tarball.

Step 2. run utserver

i did what u just said ..but nothing happened...

here what i got

Starting Azureus...

Java is GCJ.. looking for Sun Java..

Java exec not found in PATH, starting auto-search...

ls: /usr/java/latest: No such file or directory

ls: /usr/java: No such file or directory

ls: /usr/lib/jvm/latest: No such file or directory

Java exec found in /usr/lib/jvm/jre-gcj/bin/

Java is GCJ.. looking for Sun Java..

so what should i do...i'm newbie in linux.!:|

• 11 months later...

Archived