µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

force check seems slow, and what was my surprise when renaming an avi file to force redownload, first starting got error, normal I thought, saying recheck ; I forced recheck, and by a sort of "miracle" 31.6% of the file was already downloaded!?? the most likely is bogus hascheck routine giving random results from time to time ; it can do lot of harm to download rate, forcing chunks to be drop with false "corrupted status"...

Edit :Oh boy, the file was only a part of the torrent, so, there was actually 31.6% already downloaded!!!

hum, what about the ramping of UL rate? It took 10-12 minutes to get a cruising speed for UL, that was lower than 2.2.1 speed (UL) ; after three quarters of an hour, UL rate decline to 15% of it's former value ; it took 20 minutes to ramp up to the "quite good" speed ; DL speed dropped down every 20 seconds, and could not overcome 500 KBps, I think it comes from too slow UL rate? with 2.2.1 I used to put an UL cap 10 KBps above my UL bandwidth, in order to assume better sharing ratio (important on private trackers) ; with 3.0, I can put the cap twice above the UL bandwidth, it works all the same than 0 (= nolimit) ; no trick to force UL rate to reach a prechoiced value!

I guess new ramping algorythm is aiming at a fast free up of bandwidth for other applications, but a "cross-fader", a glider like this poping up when clicking on the speaker icon nearby the system-clock, would allow a user to tune ramping throttle very fine, from 2.2.1 like settings, to 3.0 like settings ; and by the way, reporting the average rates of ul and dl to a server (with the corresponding tuning settings), one could then do some statistics analyse to find out if a peculiar setting gives a maximum of DL/day!

After installing update and starting the 25305 it "lost" about 70% of my torrents. Of course, I was going to clean the list anyway, but…

I'm not sure, but perhaps it has something to do with the way I made the update. When I hit the button, the previous build barely started to load the list of torrents, and then it loaded the update and installed it, to restart as 25305 a couple of seconds later.

Russian translation is gone... Whyyyyyyyy??

Вроде всё впорядке с русиком в торренте или ты не о нём ?

З.Ы. мне кажется или тут половина Русских ?

нас везде полно)))

with 25305, ul ramping is fast, high level regulation, good point! :)

DL rate stopped dropping down, now pumping between 480 and 520 KBps ; some job to do, or this remains deliberate?

hash checking during force check remains slow : peek rate = 4 MB/Sec???

Gray in Status column and in Health column looks as soiled by a coal digger, a very light pink, or some light orange, or safran could seem better!

Edit : incoming phone calls put utorrent in very small upload rate : not a bug indeed, but this explain why a fiber connection gets low upload rate ; many often, packets collide, and ethernet protocol leads to a "mute" of the channel to solve the disagreament (specially with passive mode fiber), and then ping gets shortly very high, to drop down to a normal value 250 milliseconds later ; ul rate regulation should do some "deglitching" on measured pings to avoid such draw back.

3.0 Beta (build 25305) [64-bit]

- The program lags and crashes while moving the comments slider on the Ratings tab.

- When it crashes it doesn't save GUI preferences and has to re-check all files.

- The tabs had better be drag able; re-arrangeable.

After installing update and starting the 25305 it "lost" about 70% of my torrents. Of course, I was going to clean the list anyway, but…

I'm not sure, but perhaps it has something to do with the way I made the update. When I hit the button, the previous build barely started to load the list of torrents, and then it loaded the update and installed it, to restart as 25305 a couple of seconds later.

With older versions, it was possible that your resume data could get truncated when exiting before uT had finished loading all your torrents. This was fixed in 25305, but of course, it doesn't help if your file was already boned.

Russian translation is gone... Whyyyyyyyy?? 120px-1255185920105.png

All languages under 80% completion are dropped from the language pack. The 3.0 string changes were added in one big bunch, so every single language got knocked under 80%. Translators are working hard to bring their languages up to date though, so just be patient.

With the latest build i have an issue:

When i select ~10 torrents in finished state and choose "Start" uTorrent hangs.

This is not happening if i change the state of torrents one by one.

Edit: No, its happening but not instantly.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the 64-bit, when checking for updates, leads to the 32-bit update when there aren't any for 64-bit.

Are you swapping between 32 and 64bit?

I don't ever see update prompts for the 32-bit build...

Edit: ok, I've figured out why. If you disable "send detailed info", it breaks reporting that it is in fact a 64-bit build (which is bad). We'll fix that for the next version.

Archived