µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New build works like build before previous.

Crash after download finish

Selection disappears on files of torrent when torrent selected in list

Big torrent with blots of wmv where a few selected to download every time stops with error "Element not found" in Ukrainian and "Invalid download, try resuming"

I'll try to uninstall and then install

The deselecting bug became even worse in 25329. Things I've noticed:

First of all, as many people have already mentioned, uTorrent UI in versions 3.x has really got slower, just by scrolling the list of torrents takes 50-60% of CPU.

Some people reported (and I have this problem too) that some torrents get randomly rated 5, and I'm sure that I've never rated them. I haven't noticed any pattern there, only that it's always 5 stars.

I'm assuming the deselecting bug user's referring to is actually the SELECTION bug I referred to earlier!?

It's REALLY difficult to select and change priority/don't download settings in the 'FILES' tab. It keeps refreshing itself and sometimes you can select things, sometimes you can't. Totally random.

I've had NO CPU consumption/speed issues in scrolling the torrents list or the various info tabs using

Phenom quad core

Phenom II quad

Phenom II Hex core

chips in Win 7 and through Wine and CrossOver.

I have NO apps installed so it may? be an app issue you're seeing?

As for the ratings; you're probably misinterpreting OTHER users ratings as being your own. That's the whole reason for having the ratings. So you know what others thought before you download.

Personally I don't care what others rated something and I'm going to download what I am going to regardless of what someone else rated; but I've also been honestly rating my removals since the system was enacted.

µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25329

I still see the issue where files become deselected when you select one/more than one file, but it has considerably improved. Previously with build 25305, when selecting all files in a torrent on the Files tab, within seconds most were deselected again. With build 25329, this does not happen nearly as fast, and fewer files deselect at any given time. A great step in the right direction on that issue :)

eg: In build 25305, select 20 files. Within 2-3 seconds only 2 or 3 remained selected. In build 25329, using the same torrent as a test, selecting the same 20 files, results in possibly 2 or 3 becoming deselected, and can take up to a minute or two. Much better.

Edit: Perhaps I spoke too soon. It is now back to the same behavior as before. Most files deselect within seconds make it hard to change priority, especially on a group of files. Decided to test a theory regarding the "Alternate list background color", but it appears that has nothing to do with it. :(

...As for the ratings; you're probably misinterpreting OTHER users ratings as being your own...
Other users (myself included) have the same problem and I don't think he's misinterpreting anything because it says "Your rating" next to the stars in the Ratings tab. Also, I think there should be a way to change/remove your rating.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the 64-bit' date=' when checking for updates, leads to the 32-bit update when there aren't any for 64-bit.[/quote']

ok, I've figured out why. If you disable "send detailed info", it breaks reporting that it is in fact a 64-bit build (which is bad). We'll fix that for the next version.

Still not fixed in 25329.

Been using the x64 alpha/beta for a while now and can't ever remember having utorrent stall, freeze, hang, etc. and it only ever crashed with the first build. CPU and memory only ever shoot up during re-checking files.

If anyone is having troubles and hasn't already done so, uninstall utorrent including settings (backup torrents if need be) and make a clean install, ensuring that when you reinstall the 64-bit version you leave 'Send detailed info when checking for updates (always anonymous)' selected, otherwise you'll be updated to 32-bit version - hopefully that will be fixed soon.

Also enable protocol encryption as this can lead to your speed being slashed (if you have it enabled, disable it, apply settings, then enable it again).

List of problems:

1) 'selecting'/'deselecting' bug still exists and still as annoying. If you have multiple torrents and try to select one, several or all, they will start to deselect themselves; likewise with files within torrents.

2) If you select a torrent while having enabled the 'playback' heading, while in full screen, the button will have trouble keeping up when moving either scroll bar; and this problem continues when the window is not full screen (for me it tends to be any less than two thirds of the screen's width) and then gets worse by creating some sort of white box/mask over the last few headings which will occasionally flash.

3) Upon clicking 'play' under 'playback' on a video file and trying to use the windows default player, utorrent says, "There was an error finding the associated media player." I'm using MPC-HC with k-lite mega codec pack (all up to date and working).

4) Sometimes when downloading single video files that are not in a folder, when they finish downloading and transfer from the 'incomplete' directory to the 'downloads' directory, an empty folder with the name of the video file (but which should not have existed) is left behind in the 'incomplete' directory.

5) Clicking either 'search' or 'apps' crashes utorrent.

Using build 25329 with no apps installed, on Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64.

...As for the ratings; you're probably misinterpreting OTHER users ratings as being your own...
Other users (myself included) have the same problem and I don't think he's misinterpreting anything because it says "Your rating" next to the stars in the Ratings tab. Also' date=' I think there should be a way to change/remove your rating.[/quote']

I see; I never even noticed the Ratings tab, I was looking at the ratings column on the main screen.

And now seeing that there is an issue in there; we DO need a way to UNRATE files. ;)

Other users (myself included) have the same problem and I don't think he's misinterpreting anything because it says "Your rating" next to the stars in the Ratings tab. Also' date=' I think there should be a way to change/remove your rating.[/quote']

Yes, I think this is a real bug.

List of problems:

1) 'selecting'/'deselecting' bug still exists and still as annoying. If you have multiple torrents and try to select one, several or all, they will start to deselect themselves; likewise with files within torrents.

2) If you select a torrent while having enabled the 'playback' heading, while in full screen, the button will have trouble keeping up when moving either scroll bar; and this problem continues when the window is not full screen (for me it tends to be any less than two thirds of the screen's width) and then gets worse by creating some sort of white box/mask over the last few headings which will occasionally flash.

3) Upon clicking 'play' under 'playback' on a video file and trying to use the windows default player, utorrent says, "There was an error finding the associated media player." I'm using MPC-HC with k-lite mega codec pack (all up to date and working).

4) Sometimes when downloading single video files that are not in a folder, when they finish downloading and transfer from the 'incomplete' directory to the 'downloads' directory, an empty folder with the name of the video file (but which should not have existed) is left behind in the 'incomplete' directory.

5) Clicking either 'search' or 'apps' crashes utorrent.

Using build 25329 with no apps installed, on Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium x64.

We'll get to these bugs, but right now our priority is on stabilizing the 32-bit RC. Thanks.

There is a bug that i spotted long ago but forgot about it because there were more annoying bugs. Now utorrent works pretty fine for me and I'd like you to check the following:

I don't use uTorrent 24/7. I usually find something to download and after it is downloaded I stop the torrent, delete if from the list and close the uTorrent. So when i press File --> Exit it freezes for about 5 seconds and then exits. The strange thing is that it's not always behave like that. Sometimes it exits fine. Maybe uTorrent does some actions after deleting torrent from the list, so it doesn't allow to exit until all actions are completed. Check this please.

And one more thing. Windows 7 allows to change the size of system UI elements to provide the best visibility. For example I have a FullHD resolution on only 22-inch screen, so in 100% mode things don't look really good. So I have a 125% size

screen_dpi.png

Thats why uTorrent icon doesn't look well in tray, because i have 20x20 icons instead of 16x16 by default and it is streched from 16x16 to 20x20

tray.png

As you can see the icon on the left looks fine, because it is 20x20 or higher. So it would be great if you add 20x20 icon or change anything else to fix that problem. Thanks a lot ;)

As you can see the icon on the left looks fine, because it is 20x20 or higher. So it would be great if you add 20x20 icon or change anything else to fix that problem. Thanks a lot ;)

Actually, if the icon is encoded in the newer larger windows icon format (PNG format, not the legacy BMP format), you can put in varying sizes up to a 256x256 icon in, and windows will scale it smoothly to the needed size. There's more information and guidelines here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511280.aspx

brand new computer installed build x64 25329, 1st time looks like that everything is going perfectly, after installation the program started itself, correct.

quit from program and started again utorrent, and splash windows for setup utorrent again and again and always remains in the end windows and ask for permission to install but nothing more program doesn't work.

?????

computer:

ZOTAC Zbox HD-AD02

APU AMD E-350 // Radeon HD 6310

w7 pro x64 Spaniard

SSD Intel serie 320 - 120 GB

RAM 2x4GB Kingston PC3-10600 CL9

Something was messed up in 3.0 with disk cache. It reads ~100x more than uploads as being mentioned by Alpha-Toxic in 32-bit thread. Now with the latest build write cache is not being dumped to file. It just feels up and does nothing.

Hi,

We are probably going to do a major efficiency overhaul to the disk cache in 3.1. In the meantime, we are putting in a few mitigation tactics for when our disk cache does the wrong thing. You can find some of the details in the 3.0 32-bit RC thread.

Archived