µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the problem from previous build while highlighting many items in Files tab.

UT drops selection and after ~1-3 sek' date=' ut drops 50% of all selection.

Very annoying, when you should disable downloading of many many files in one torrent download, and left only one.[/quote']

This is a known issue (Uncategorized) - http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=588848#p588848

Uncategorized / Don't know yet:

The known issue post you are referring to shows "Last edited by AdamK (2011-06-21 21:27:38".

Can we get an updated list?

For those having this trouble you can select files if the file list is sorted by "First Piece." It's not ideal when you have a long list of files but it will allow you to select files.

• 2 weeks later...
µTorrent 3.0.25570 (64-bit) is not installed on Microsoft Windows 8 Developer Preview (64-bit), when you start immediately produces an error. Compatibility mode didn't help. How soon will fix this error?

Same here. And just copying files from win7 won't work either; so, not an installer problem.

µTorrent 3.0.25570 (64-bit) is not installed on Microsoft Windows 8 Developer Preview (64-bit), when you start immediately produces an error. Compatibility mode didn't help. How soon will fix this error?

Same here. And just copying from win7 won't work, either; so, not an installer problem.

ps: just got this, trying to post from ie10 (x64):

An error was encountered

Error: Unable to write stopwords cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory '/mnt/home/utorrent/public_html/forum/cache/'.

there is a problem ... when i'm downloading a torrent ... and then in the files tab i try to right click a file and make priority high or change it ... the file become unselected alone and nothing happen after i change the priority ... so i have to stop downloading to change priority :(

sry for my bad english ... i hope u get what i meant .. thx for a great software :)

Don't know if this is related to utorrent or windows, but sometimes when I delete torrents/data, recycling isn't emptied in just a single try. Deleted some 16 stalled torrents+data and had to empty the recycling bin about half that many times to clear it - some tries it just didn't do anything. This has only happened to me with utorrent and has been happening occasionally for sometime with different builds. System is win7 64.

there is a problem ... when i'm downloading a torrent ... and then in the files tab i try to right click a file and make priority high or change it ... the file become unselected alone and nothing happen after i change the priority ... so i have to stop downloading to change priority :(

sry for my bad english ... i hope u get what i meant .. thx for a great software :)

That's been reported by different people - it has to do with the file sorting. Sort by '1st part' or 'Parts' (the graph) - others will give you that problem (although not always).

That's been reported by different people - it has to do with the file sorting. Sort by '1st part' or 'Parts' (the graph) - others will give you that problem (although not always).

Can you make this solution sticky? 'cause it might save a lot of people a lot of time ;)

Don't know if this is related to utorrent or windows, but sometimes when I delete torrents/data, recycling isn't emptied in just a single try. Deleted some 16 stalled torrents+data and had to empty the recycling bin about half that many times to clear it - some tries it just didn't do anything. This has only happened to me with utorrent and has been happening occasionally for sometime with different builds. System is win7 64.

The reason it takes forever is because utorrent sends the delete command for every single individual file inside a torrent. I experienced this when I tried to delete a torrent with >40k files, it took almost an hour to actually get it all into the recycle bin. It's something that utorrent developers should consider seeing if it's viable to fix. I'd think you could just delete an entire file tree, but I've never tried directory handling in C, so I have no idea if it's easy or possible.

[edit] : edited for concision and clarity

No, µTorrent can't assume that it's the only one that can add files to a directory. It makes no sense for it to assume that it can always just blast away an entire directory without affecting any other application -- or any other torrent jobs that may be sharing a directory, for that matter. It only makes sense to remove a directory if it becomes empty after you remove all of your own files, and that's basically what µTorrent does (as I recall).

As far as slowness goes, that µTorrent removes files individually doesn't explain why it can (relatively) quickly delete torrents if it isn't set to hit the Recycle Bin. The fact of the matter is, the API used to remove to the Recycle Bin is just plain slow.

Archived