µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

U cannot change the priority once the file is downloading

Not in my case' date=' I can change the priority except that with too many files in a torrent, it will always lost the highlighting when select a file, and failed if U are not fast enough (I mean U really have to be very fast :P).[/quote']

I'm not fast enough.

I gave up for now and just change files one-by-one

MORE bugs:

Completed files don't move elsewhere regardless of what settings, labels, appendices or the like are added

Screens and tabs refresh WAY to fast to be able to select much of anything.

'Don't Download' is ignored and skipped files still download on completable torrents but skip properly on >1.0 torrents.

Memory leak! Can't figure out how to recreate it. Sometimes it happens; sometimes it doesn't. Memory usage can excede 800MB, sometimes falls to under 50. 2.x commonly stayed in the 100-120 range. Not complaining as I'm in no risk of running out of RAM; but should probably be looked into. That's nutz for a 'small lightweight' application: even in x64.

Have fun.

SO, you CAN (or are supposed to be able to) change the priority of files whilst downloading (works in 2.2 just fine... i really need to update to 2.2.1) , for me, the lost highlighting happens too fast and I just cant get to the priority list fast enough... i really have tried... hell I even STOPPED (i also tested pause) the torrent... same shit...

Now i normally dont deal with file download priorities, but this time I wanted it and it failed miserably, enough to make me break an old keyboard i had next to me (i feel no remorse, and it wasnt only uTorrent that had me aggravated, and the keyboard was for a 2nd pc thats MIA atm...)

=

and I also noticed the file move issue upon completion... the thing is... it doesn't ALWAYS happen to me... then again, it could happen now that i think about it when uTorrent silent crash's... (ill mouse over the icon to see progress... it goes poof, re-open uTorrent... stuffs not finished or needs to be rechecked)

dont download works fine for me, again, when I was able to get a few (out of 24 files, i was able to put 4 of them on skip, and 3 low... then the thing happened that I talked about above...)

sleepy time, sorry about bad formatting /runons/rant.. .

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-18T20:57:45.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>438595</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>777</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>

<Data>4d5f38bd</Data>

<Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>

<Data>4d5f38bd</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000000000006ed9b</Data>

<Data>26b0</Data>

<Data>01cbe5aef52a4ee5</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>5f4acdff-51a2-11e0-94b5-000272168660</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Thumb up for 64bit torrent client!

awesome! Now I just need Mozilla to release a 64 bit version of firefox and thats everything :D But Can you please tell me the advantages to using a 64bit version of Utorrent? I know the basics of how 64bit works, but I didn't think it would really have much of a effect on a torrent client.

Noob if you are happy about unstable 64bit utorrent than you should also find 64bit firefox yourself.

But as I am in good mood you can be thankful that i give you this link: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

Thumb up for 64bit torrent client!
awesome! Now I just need Mozilla to release a 64 bit version of firefox and thats everything :D But Can you please tell me the advantages to using a 64bit version of Utorrent? I know the basics of how 64bit works, but I didn't think it would really have much of a effect on a torrent client.

Noob if you are happy about unstable 64bit utorrent than you should also find 64bit firefox yourself.

But as I am in good mood you can be thankful that i give you this link: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

LOL, funny stuff... and for the FTP UNfriendly our there: http://nightly.mozilla.org/ EZMode...

About the main advantages of 64 bit versions:

Probably the biggest advantage is that a 64bit system will no longer have to emulate 32bit for the application.

Although the compatibility is quite good and fast, it's still the goal to just use 64bit and not need any 32bit duplicate libraries and emulation at all.

That's correct. No slowdown through subsystem emulation and loading x86 dlls. Native 64bit processing is faster also. There are enough benchmarks out there.

One more advantage is the windows memory limitations. There is an limit which all 32bit applications can use together on an 64bit windows system even if you have 1TB of ram. If you run 100's of 32bit processes at the same time they can't use it. So depending on how much your utorrent did consume this memory is „free" for other 32bit processes like games for example wich nearly all are still 32bit.

:cool:

Having issues with crashing also using Win7 Ultimate. Sometimes I get the Windows error notification and sometimes it just crashes silently.

Log Name:      ApplicationSource:        Application ErrorDate:          3/20/2011 8:02:32 PMEvent ID:      1000Task Category: (100)Level:         ErrorKeywords:      ClassicUser:          N/AComputer:      me-PCDescription:Faulting application name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bdFaulting module name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bdException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000006ed9bFaulting process id: 0x1ba0Faulting application start time: 0x01cbe75a4d862846Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exeReport Id: 8427f5a4-534e-11e0-9274-fa20a0d90f48Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">  <System>    <Provider Name="Application Error" />    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>    <Level>2</Level>    <Task>100</Task>    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-21T00:02:32.000000000Z" />    <EventRecordID>665527</EventRecordID>    <Channel>Application</Channel>    <Computer>me-PC</Computer>    <Security />  </System>  <EventData>    <Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>    <Data>4d5f38bd</Data>    <Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>    <Data>4d5f38bd</Data>    <Data>c0000005</Data>    <Data>000000000006ed9b</Data>    <Data>1ba0</Data>    <Data>01cbe75a4d862846</Data>    <Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>8427f5a4-534e-11e0-9274-fa20a0d90f48</Data>  </EventData></Event>
Log Name:      ApplicationSource:        Application ErrorDate:          3/19/2011 7:34:59 PMEvent ID:      1000Task Category: (100)Level:         ErrorKeywords:      ClassicUser:          N/AComputer:      me-PCDescription:Faulting application name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bdFaulting module name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bdException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000006ed9bFaulting process id: 0x1914Faulting application start time: 0x01cbe64d0b7b4246Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exeReport Id: 80c1a533-5281-11e0-9274-fa20a0d90f48Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">  <System>    <Provider Name="Application Error" />    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>    <Level>2</Level>    <Task>100</Task>    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-19T23:34:59.000000000Z" />    <EventRecordID>665471</EventRecordID>    <Channel>Application</Channel>    <Computer>me-PC</Computer>    <Security />  </System>  <EventData>    <Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>    <Data>4d5f38bd</Data>    <Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>    <Data>4d5f38bd</Data>    <Data>c0000005</Data>    <Data>000000000006ed9b</Data>    <Data>1914</Data>    <Data>01cbe64d0b7b4246</Data>    <Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>    <Data>80c1a533-5281-11e0-9274-fa20a0d90f48</Data>  </EventData></Event>

my ip hacked and people posting crap using my ip now i cant post on message boards and isohunt, torrent box.com how can i correct this? ive been banned and have never posted before this the only way i found out ive been banned web wide is i got a banned message help please

I'm new to this forum, so I hope i'm not posting this on the wrong forum.

I'm using a batch script, run every time utorrent finishes downloading a torrent with the 'run program' option. The batch gives the command to copy downloaded files to another folder with robocopy (windows build in transfer tool) with an /M option (When robocopy copies a file, it unchecks 'file is ready for archiving', so it only copies the file once). The problem i'm having with utorrent 3.0 is that it recently something changed, and now it automatically rechecks file is 'ready for archiving' in the torrent folder after a couple of seconds (something that didn't happen a couple of weeks ago).

Is there anything i can do to overcome this problem?

Thanks in advance

development stopped dead of the 64bit version? just curious, if positive would revert back to something 32bit stable instead of checking whether fixing bugs is bothered with

Yeah I've been checking this thread daily too hoping for a fix. uTorrent won't stay open more than 10-15 min at a time so I thought about creating a script to reopen it if it detects that it's crashed or closed.

Hi Everyone,

I am afraid I am not very technical and most of the things you guys say in this thread I do not understand. I am a new user of UTorrent and my version is 2.2.1 and it is working just fine. I see that there is a newer version 3.0. Must I really have to download the new version? I am worried it might mess up the version I am using now and I am okay with it. Will appreciate advice from the experts.

Hi Everyone,

I am afraid I am not very technical and most of the things you guys say in this thread I do not understand. I am a new user of UTorrent and my version is 2.2.1 and it is working just fine. I see that there is a newer version 3.0. Must I really have to download the new version? I am worried it might mess up the version I am using now and I am okay with it. Will appreciate advice from the experts.

Being a novice I would recommend sticking with the current stable version of 2.2.1. Version 3.0 is still in development.. these are alpha releases which are generally used for the purposes of testing the software. Here is some more information on an alpha vs. a stable release if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

After downloading VLC player, it crashes when I select it under the apps section. It crashes when I select apps. BTW this is the absolute best downloader ever!!! I also have the uTorrent Remote app on my Droid 2 and it works great!

To further explain on what happened with uPaceM's post, it seems like this version of uTorrent doesn't like apps at all. After I experience a crash at the startup the latest build of uTorrent 3.0 32 Bit Version, I decided to switch over to the 64 bit version to see if there was that problem prevalent. It seems like these builds have made the apps quite fragile - as when I press on ANY APP or scan with the antivirus scanner (not just VLC), see that this build crashes as well. Improving compatibility with the handling of apps would be much appreciated.

Note: This happened on a Windows 7 Machine.

Archived