µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't know if anyone posted this bug before, but aparently not.

when cheking a file at start, it eats 2 or 3 gb of ram. when the check is over everithing returns to normal, but as it eats all the avalible RAM, everithing else stops working.

other than that, i don't have any problem, and i'm even downloading faster than with the 2.2 version. thanks

No problem of stability or excessive ram usage here (fresh install, left it run overnight) but a very annoying GUI bug prevents keeping files (= as listed in a torrent) selected long enough to allow assigning them priorities, 'dont' download' and so. As soon as you click it, the file deselects itself after a few ms to one second. Does not happen for all downloading torrents, though.

µT 3.0x64 b24767, w7x64sp1

No problem of stability or excessive ram usage here (fresh install, left it run overnight) but a very annoying GUI bug prevents keeping files (= as listed in a torrent) selected long enough to allow assigning them priorities, 'dont' download' and so. As soon as you click it, the file deselects itself after a few ms to one second. Does not happen for all downloading torrents, though.

µT 3.0x64 b24767, w7x64sp1

yeah I have the same issue with files automatically deselecting.. it's a race to assign priority once you select a list of files before they get deselected

development stopped dead of the 64bit version? just curious' date=' if positive would revert back to something 32bit stable instead of checking whether fixing bugs is bothered with[/quote']

Yeah I've been checking this thread daily too hoping for a fix. uTorrent won't stay open more than 10-15 min at a time so I thought about creating a script to reopen it if it detects that it's crashed or closed.

I posted this a week a or ago, and in the past few days it's been running much more reliably for some reason. It stayed open for about 12 hours a couple times. Must be something different with my computer since the version hasn't changed. Hm

Well basically I just downloaded the 3.0 version for my android htc wildfire the other day & it was AWESOME:D ,but today it just went back to 2.2 version. I've try to reinstall it a few time & I tried this 64bit too ,but it just keeps going back to the 2.2 version:( Don't know what to do??????

Selecting files in file tab sometimes (I don't know what triggers it) auto de-select making it impossible to do anything with right click.

Edit: just happens in some files and in the ones that happen in some auto de-select immediatly and in other takes few secs

I'm also using the x64 version and it keeps wanting to update to the x86 version.

I previously had the x86 3.0 alpha installed, but I have since uninstalled it (including the settings) and have scoured windows explorer and regedit to try to remove anything else (which was next to nothing). Then upon making a clean install of the x64 3.0 alpha, it tries to update to the x86 version again.

Just in case anyone doubts this to be the case:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/104/e/7/utorrent_x64_update_problem_by_ilike2burnthing-d3e0f2y.jpg

(sorry, too big to insert...no jokes please...) :P

On another note, I have the welcome pane option deselected, but it still appears, and if I then select it, 2 appear.

I've been a uTorrent user for several years, and I'm accustomed to/happy with uTorrent.

A problem started Wed 13Apr11 wherein BitTorrent re-directs uTorrent's search page to an advertisement for BitTorrent with NO search capabilities/results. ??? WTF ??? I've noticed that uTorrent is the property of BitTorrent. Is this f-upped action normal for the BitTorrent fools?

CincyJim

Archived