µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its been mentioned already, but ill add it here anyway for conformation (a known bugs list updated daily? an idea)

when i turn off the feature to show a box when adding a torrent (reformatted PC, dont want to have to manually select the finished folder for all my seeding items, when you turn that option off, it will prompt normally in the NON alpha/beta versions to use said data), any time I try to add a torrent, no matter the size or encryption, it crashes the client immediately, no bug report to speak of

the "send beta feedback" doesnt work :P

otherwise, hoorah for a native x64 client :D

I'll add my distressed voice to the horde:

Log Name:      ApplicationSource:        Application ErrorDate:          2011-03-11 00:36:52Event ID:      1000Task Category: (100)Level:         ErrorKeywords:      ClassicUser:          N/AComputer:      ***CENSORED***Description:Faulting application name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bdFaulting module name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bdException code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000000000006ed9bFaulting process id: 0xc60Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdf701efa52e0Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exeFaulting module path: C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

migrated build 24767 from a W7 installation to a fresh WP7 SP1 installation by copying %AppData%Roaming\uTorrent. every time uT starts now it is going through the installation routine again and again
updated to b24767 - did not resolve the matter as the installation routine kept on repeating. uninstalled uT entirely, incl. settings, and made a fresh install of 24767, no more installation repeats but also all settings and statistics gone...

w7 sp1 | uT b24767 | clicking on 'new apps' crashes uT

Description

Faulting Application Path: d:\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: uTorrent.exe

Application Version: 3.0.0.24767

Application Timestamp: 4d5f38bd

Fault Module Name: uTorrent.exe

Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.24767

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f38bd

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000000000048f88

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: b583

Additional Information 2: b58331d10c5734164b1b7a896206a56d

Additional Information 3: 813b

Additional Information 4: 813b1df852b5d1705ac6cdbd9c6e11f0

CRASH!!!

Fresh UPGRADE to the previous x32 install location. After resetting ALL my settings to where I had them before. I clicked on the

options --> show categories

choice to open the categories bay

Then clicked on applications and BOOM, crash. Chose to submit data to developer from error console (not sure if you are setup to receive that or not) and restarted fine.

Win 7 x64 fresh install over Vista x64; upgraded from XP x32

Had most recent µT 2.xx beta available by 'check for updates'

Installed 3.0a|24767 via direct download and upgraded/overwrote the old

/ProgramFiles(x86)/µtorrent/ folder

Running AMDx64 quad-core system. With excessive amounts of RAM (7GB in DiM slots and a total of 60GB via PCIe Ram Farm. Triple OS boot, problem ONLY shows up on 7. Could not recreate it in XPx64 or on Linux\WinE

First MAJOR problem since early days.

Great work. And many thanks for this great leap forward in your application.

w7 sp1 | uT b24767 | still unstable and crashing during normal operation, no option dialog to submit crash dump to developers. no crash dumps in %appdata%\utorrent

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: uTorrent.exe

Application Version: 3.0.0.24767

Application Timestamp: 4d5f38bd

Fault Module Name: uTorrent.exe

Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.24767

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f38bd

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000006ed9b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 229a

Additional Information 2: 229aef6e2b4b13a9b3f15cad94d0d297

Additional Information 3: b2fb

Additional Information 4: b2fb94a260eb54937c1285940876a6be

w7 sp1 | uT b24767 | still unstable and crashing during normal operation

limiting the upload bandwidth to less than 60 kB/s seems to be mitigating the number of crashes. any increments above 70 kB/s raises the frequency of crashes

limiting the upload bandwidth to less than 60 kB/s seems to be mitigating the number of crashes. any increments above 70 kB/s raises the frequency of crashes

had uT stable at a global max, upload rate of 70 kB/s. then decided to see what happens if the limits would not be applicable to uTP connections and shortly after removing the governing check-mark uT crashed again.

Chances are more likely that it's µTorrent Web, and not WebUI, causing those errors.
perhaps it is a bug related to the drop box in uT, created one torrent through it, the .torrent file was placed in the wrong location too. for some reason had to rebuild the torrents and since then there is no flooding in the log

during the installation of SuperAntiSpyware 4.49.1000 uT crashed, not sure whether it is related (I am not going to try it again), and did not recover. every time thereafter starting uT it would crash, no crash handle/no dumps. uninstalled it, leaving the setting, and reinstalled but no avail, it just kept on crashing when started.

only deleting resume.dat and resume.dat.old got uT back to work. however the torrents had to be rebuild and of course the ratio was gone with those files gone...

during the installation of SuperAntiSpyware 4.49.1000 uT crashed, not sure whether it is related (I am not going to try it again), and did not recover. every time thereafter starting uT it would crash, no crash handle/no dumps. uninstalled it, leaving the setting, and reinstalled but no avail, it just kept on crashing when started.

only deleting resume.dat and resume.dat.old got uT back to work. however the torrents had to be rebuild and of course the ratio was gone with those files gone...

the matter of non-recovery does not seem to be related with the SuperAntiSpyware, latter been uninstalled. uT just crashed again and does not recover, keeps on crashing immediately at start, unless the files resume.dat and resume.dat.old being deleted.

had uT stable at a global max' date=' upload rate of 70 kB/s. then decided to see what happens if the limits would not be applicable to uTP connections and shortly after removing the governing check-mark uT crashed again.[/quote']had to revert back to max. 60 kB/s global upload limit, the threshold for uT crashing seems on this config between 60 - 70 kB/s upload (looks like a problem with uTP). would appreciate this to be fixed as running short on upload bandwidth (the line could utilize 20 Mbit/s)...

U cannot change the priority once the file is downloading

Not in my case' date=' I can change the priority except that with too many files in a torrent, it will always lost the highlighting when select a file, and failed if U are not fast enough (I mean U really have to be very fast :P).[/quote']

I'm not fast enough.

I gave up for now and just change files one-by-one

MORE bugs:

Completed files don't move elsewhere regardless of what settings, labels, appendices or the like are added

Screens and tabs refresh WAY to fast to be able to select much of anything.

'Don't Download' is ignored and skipped files still download on completable torrents but skip properly on >1.0 torrents.

Memory leak! Can't figure out how to recreate it. Sometimes it happens; sometimes it doesn't. Memory usage can excede 800MB, sometimes falls to under 50. 2.x commonly stayed in the 100-120 range. Not complaining as I'm in no risk of running out of RAM; but should probably be looked into. That's nutz for a 'small lightweight' application: even in x64.

Have fun.

Archived