µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't they test these ALPHA releases prior to releasing them...

It's an alpha' date=' so... no. It's only minimally tested.[/quote']

As easy as it was to find several bugs it's very apparent that the development team is only doing a minimal test, if any. It sure makes it apparent that updating to just released ALPHA's should be avoided.

U cannot change the priority once the file is downloading

Not in my case, I can change the priority except that with too many files in a torrent, it will always lost the highlighting when select a file, and failed if U are not fast enough (I mean U really have to be very fast :P).

When you guys see it crash, does it show the uTorrent crash handler, with options to submit the dump, or are you just seeing a Windows crash dialog?

I see Windows crash dialog only.

Faulting application name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bd

Faulting module name: uTorrent.exe, version: 3.0.0.24767, time stamp: 0x4d5f38bd

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000006ed9b

Faulting process id: 0x1220

Faulting application start time: 0x01cbd38d6477d700

Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Faulting module path: D:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

Report Id: a351e4a8-3f84-11e0-a8da-bcaec528e9ad

Don't they test these ALPHA releases prior to releasing them...

It's an alpha' date=' so... no. It's only minimally tested.[/quote']

As easy as it was to find several bugs it's very apparent that the development team is only doing a minimal test, if any. It sure makes it apparent that updating to just released ALPHA's should be avoided.

The uTorrent team don't seem to do an aweful lot of pre-release testing before releasing to Alpha channels.

To be fair there is no right or wrong way to do Alphas. It is what it is.

You shouldn't be testing Alpha software if you don't understand the developers aims and release goals..

Also: It's an Alpha build, of course it's buggy -_- I will however say that this 3.x alpha process has been the buggiest set of testing builds I have ever seen from you guys, I was a bit disappointed, but big changes = big bugs :)

Looking forward to testing the x64 build once it goes into auto update territory :)

Sorry for the late reply, but the crash only brings up a windows crash dialog. Mine log is as below:-

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: uTorrent.exe

Application Version: 3.0.0.24767

Application Timestamp: 4d5f38bd

Fault Module Name: uTorrent.exe

Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.24767

Fault Module Timestamp: 4d5f38bd

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000006ed9b

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 18441

Additional Information 1: 229a

Additional Information 2: 229aef6e2b4b13a9b3f15cad94d0d297

Additional Information 3: b2fb

Additional Information 4: b2fb94a260eb54937c1285940876a6be

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hope this will help.

For those asking about pre-testing the alphas.... aren't you doing it right now? alphas are not meant for regular and stable use.

I just want to throw this information out there for what it is worth. I was running the 64 bit version of utorrent and was having a lot of crashes. I later went back to utorrent 2.2 but still had a few crashes. While most of them seemed to involve utorrent there were other programs that seemed to be affected. I accidently saw a post about an update problem with AVG antivirus software. After ending up with two major computer crashes over a two week period, when I re-installed everything on my hard drive I left the AVG antivirus software off. Haven't had a problem since. I am a little reluctant to reinstall the 64 bit version of utorrent though. I wonder if any of you that are having a problem are using AVG. Just a thought but I am 100% sure that it made a mess out of my computer and it is possible it was causing problems with other software! Just to add when I re-did my computer the second time I downloaded the latest 64 bit version of AVG. You would think they would have cleaned up the problem by now but I had not opened more that two windows in win 7 till the computer hung up just as before, mouse wouldn't work, keyboard wouldn't work etc. rebooted uninstalled it and no more trouble! Of course if none of you are using AVG then the problem is probably with the 64 bit version of utorrent but if you are using AVG I would bet it is their software. This may or may not help any one but at least you have a little more information to think about. Thanks!

Charles

After writing this I reinstalled µTorrent 3.0 64-bit alpha 24767. After a few hours I had the computer lock up as it had with AVG. I noticed you mentioned a problem with "the write cache still being broken. Would this mean that the system would eventually lock up? Would this create a memory problem in the system? Sorry if I sound maybe a little stupid about these things but I can't read or write programming code. You have a great piece of software. I have never seen a program with so small a footprint do so much!

Charles

The uTorrent team don't seem to do an aweful lot of pre-release testing before releasing to Alpha channels.

To be fair there is no right or wrong way to do Alphas. It is what it is.

You shouldn't be testing Alpha software if you don't understand the developers aims and release goals..

Also: It's an Alpha build, of course it's buggy -_- I will however say that this 3.x alpha process has been the buggiest set of testing builds I have ever seen from you guys, I was a bit disappointed, but big changes = big bugs :)

Looking forward to testing the x64 build once it goes into auto update territory :)

The 32-bit 3.0 is tested to some extent to make sure basic features work, including uT Web, but this one we basically test if it a) starts and B) can download a torrent. It's very minimal. Once it stabilizes more and we start autoupdating users to these builds, it'll get much more testing.

We'll probably have a new build out this week. The write cache is still broken and that's the biggest issue with the 64-bit client (stability aside).

Archived