µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there was a 64bit updated release being maintained, i doubt any processors sold today are 32bit, and the reason for me wanting 64bit is access to more than 2gb of my RAM as cache, got 100mbit up and download so would be nice to have the server with 8gb being able to take some load of the hard drive, and looking to build a new Llano mini-itx server with 8 or 16GB ram possibly, will likely run Linux on it tho... hoping for uTorrent Linux or some similar client that will let you use more of the RAM as cache!

<I>There is honestly no reason for it even to support 64-bit architecture since (I pray) µTorrent won't ever need to use over 4gb of ram on its own</I>

Allow me to disagree - when DLing 10-15 and ULing 300+ torrents, 12 Gb RAM and 64bit utorrent are both invaluable assets :). And my Caviar black's are silent, cool and happy, too.

Congrats for utorrent team, wich gave us superb UI, low CPU usage, acceptable stability and all these for free.

I'd buy the Plus version but I live in a country where one needs a special internet card to buy something overseas :)

When I click on a column en the que pain to sort tha torrent ther sams not to sort corectly. e.n.g. is i have the download cataloge in the sort and want them in orger I get tem just scrambled up. I gan get the drive letters even in diffenten order like:

C: ...

D: ...

E: ...

D: ...

E: ...

and so on.

Archived