µTorrent 3.0 64-bit experimental 25570

Firon

It's not dead, but progress has been slow, largely since the focus was getting 2.2.1 stable (and getting the 32-bit 3.0 to beta).
for two months no update, sounds pretty much dead in the water, whatever the development focus is now on

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see, but it is really unstable :(

I got crash when I tried to shut down program after I stopped downloading torrent, and I got crash while it working:

Сигнатура проблемы:

Имя события проблемы: APPCRASH

Имя приложения: uTorrent.exe

Версия приложения: 3.0.0.24767

Штамп времени приложения: 4d5f38bd

Имя модуля с ошибкой: uTorrent.exe

Версия модуля с ошибкой: 3.0.0.24767

Штамп времени модуля с ошибкой: 4d5f38bd

Код исключения: c0000005

Смещение исключения: 000000000006ed9b

Версия ОС: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Код языка: 1049

Дополнительные сведения 1: 5c33

Дополнительные сведения 2: 9a7267f0762df77cd05c432eb06703f5

Дополнительные сведения 3: 5af7

Дополнительные сведения 4: dd6b70fc1b09fedd04e0bd425f66f470

Прочтите заявление о конфиденциальности:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0419

and it won't work correctly with local peers. When I start stable 2.2.1 version - it found 3 local peers immediately and starts downloading at maximal speed I allowed. This alpha x64 found only one peer at the same torrent, but didn't get any speed advance from it.

tried the 32bit beta 3, ran but wouldn't show the gui or tray icon. installed the 64bit beta says alpha??

now can not add a new torrent until the app is closed, then it restarts , bizarre , don't like that will reinstall a previous beta or try older stable release again.maybe I should try uninstall instead or reinstalling over existing install??

After first installation/upgrade the program interface runs fine for the first time, but only once. Then, every time I restart the program using the desktop shortcut, the installation window pops up. After selecting all the settings when I press install button nothing happens (no matter how many times I press install). If i close/cancel the windows and press restart the program again, the installation windows pops up again, but the program doesn't run. i ran the program in administrator mode, and my windows user account is administrator account anyway. please fix the bug asap, or give a solution/workaround if I need any. i found the bug in both 32-bit (beta) and 64-bit (trail) versions of utorrent v3, so I'm reporting in both forum threads. [FYI, I use Windows 7 ultimate x64 with 4GB RAM.]

After installing this developer's build and importing my configuration from the stable version, the program works perfectly fine. When I exit the program and relaunch it later (time span doesn't seem to make a difference) the shortcut placed on my desktop launches uTorrent setup. The program remains registered as installed but doesn't run that way. I am using a fresh installation of Windows Home Premium x64 and there are no traces of viruses, spyware or other malicious software on my machine.

After installing this developer's build and importing my configuration from the stable version, the program works perfectly fine. When I exit the program and relaunch it later (time span doesn't seem to make a difference) the shortcut placed on my desktop launches uTorrent setup. The program remains registered as installed but doesn't run that way. I am using a fresh installation of Windows Home Premium x64 and there are no traces of viruses, spyware or other malicious software on my machine.

Works absolutely perfect. No crashing, no problems loading, starting, nothing. Runs as stable as 2.2.1.

Only problem is I cannot get trackers to connect.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-04-24T07:01:18.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>448119</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>1</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>

<Data>4d5f38bd</Data>

<Data>uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>3.0.0.24767</Data>

<Data>4d5f38bd</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>000000000006ed9b</Data>

<Data>218c</Data>

<Data>01cc024ce53bd11c</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe</Data>

<Data>a6e7410f-6e40-11e0-911f-000272168660</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

I need a few volunteers who can get the 64-bit build to crash frequently to test crashdump processing in the 64-bit build. email me if you have some time to spare.

I had tried to use this 64-bit build, but it crashed and I went back to 2.2.1. Recently my µTorrent upgraded to 3.0 beta 32-bit and feels good ;)

I have Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate and I'll be glad to help test one of the most favorite program I have:)

I've sending crash reports to ms through windows - do you get those? From my experience, it crashes way more often with single large file torrents than with loads of small files/torrents. I've been dl'ing the Wikileaks archive and it barely crashes, when previously it crashed every hour or less, with several hundred MB files.

edit: not crash reports, never got the crash window - just checking online for solutions.

No, I don't think we get the Windows crash reports. The 64-bit build is kind of low priority until the 32-bit version becomes more stable. So while we might refresh it this week, it's not likely to improve significantly until mid-next month.

I need a few volunteers who can get the 64-bit build to crash frequently to test crashdump processing in the 64-bit build. email me if you have some time to spare.

Thanks,

Adam

has been fallen to low priority for the users too, considering the resposnse time and the non to exisent interest to develop. the uT crash dumps are not working, neither dumps are generated in the first place. this been mentioned in the thread several times, else you probably would have been furnished with dumps alright.

until the developers are getting their act together for the 64 bit version there is no testing. or if they are not able to code in 64 bit then just drop it and concentrate to at least the 32 bit versions stable and usable.

Thanks' date='

Adam[/quote']has been fallen to low priority for the users too, considering the resposnse time and the non to exisent interest to develop. the uT crash dumps are not working, neither dumps are generated in the first place. this been mentioned in the thread several times, else you probably would have been furnished with dumps alright.

until the developers are getting their act together for the 64 bit version there is no testing. or if they are not able to code in 64 bit then just drop it and concentrate to at least the 32 bit versions stable and usable.

Adam was asking for users to test special builds so he could fix the crashdump problem once and for all. He's one of the client devs.

The reason progress has been slow is precisely BECAUSE we're trying to get the 32-bit version stable. But at least by fixing crashdumps we'll know the state of the 64-bit build.

Bug0 -- Critical

Peers are suddenly disconnected even if their uploading speed is steady.

Bug1 -- Highly Considered

Alot of unfinished pieces for 1-5 blocks are there, if you suddenly shutdown or lose power for any reason, you lose all of them.

Bug2 -- Minor

Colors have changed *Yellow is new* but the color guide in the help page hasn't been updated.

The speed is affected by the peer disconnection problem.

Other than that a 12GB download has almost finished here.

Bug0 -- Critical

Peers are suddenly disconnected even if their uploading speed is steady.

May have nothing to do with anything other than they stopped their torrent for some reason.

Bug1 -- Highly Considered

Alot of unfinished pieces for 1-5 blocks are there, if you suddenly shutdown or lose power for any reason, you lose all of them.

Not avoidable in any client. If you have to re-check, incomplete pieces don't validate and as such are discarded.

Archived