Adding / Uploading torrent.

leucomelas

I've recently installed utserver, and everything works just like it did when I ran uTorrent via Wine.

BUT today I hit a snag, when trying to upload a torrent to a site I belong to.

I hit the "add torrent" button, found my file on my computer - and then it stops...

The only available path is "Default download directory" - which is NOT where the files I'm trying to torrent recides.

Using the sub-path option does not work either.

Am I doing something wrong, or isn't this supported, even though the change-log says it should ?

The only available path is "Default download directory" - which is NOT where the files I'm trying to torrent recides.

Am I doing something wrong, or isn't this supported, even though the change-log says it should ?

Did you specify the additional download directories in the configuration file using the dir_download setting?

Awesome! Already a few days nobody was posted such a topic! :o

Might be because there is no mention of it in the documentation on the site, and the howto really really sucks if you didn't program the utserver and know what all of it means.

Just saying.

And it's always nice coming to a forum and SEARCHING for something, coming up empty handed because you actually doesn't know WHAT to search for - having some snotty know-it-all disrespecting you using bad grammar.

Still, thanks to the developers - the product is already awsome - it just needs documentation that is understandable for non-programmer.

No!

I didn't realise I had to do that in a separate file as well as through the settings in the web-gui.

Does the settings from the gui change the config file, 'cause I can't find either a config-file where the settings are saved to..

In the server product, the setting webui.download_folders can't be changed via the HTTP interface, and thus also can't be set through the web UI. The value of this setting must be set in the configuration file.

You'll need to create the configuration file. The manual explains how to set up the configuration file and specify from where the executable should read it.

Changing settings via the HTTP interface changes settings.dat, not the contents of the configuration file.

No!

I didn't realise I had to do that in a separate file as well as through the settings in the web-gui.

Does the settings from the gui change the config file' date=' 'cause I can't find either a config-file where the settings are saved to..[/quote']

In the server product, the setting webui.download_folders can't be changed via the HTTP interface, and thus also can't be set through the web UI. The value of this setting must be set in the configuration file.

You'll need to create the configuration file. The manual explains how to set up the configuration file and specify from where the executable should read it.

Changing settings via the HTTP interface changes settings.dat, not the contents of the configuration file.

Thank you for making that clear, I was afraid to mess with making my own configuration file, in fear of it getting replaced by what I've already set in the gui-config :)

Archived